South Fork Police Department
100 Silver Thread Lane
PO Box 369
South Fork, Colorado 81154
Phone (719) 873-1040, Fax (719) 873-1052
Find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/
It is the mission of the South Fork Police Department to provide the community with efficient, effective and professional law enforcement service, which will enhance and enrich the lives of all its citizens. We will accomplish this mission by living a life of integrity, accepting nothing less than honesty, showing dignity for all. By being dependable, objective and fair in our dealings with the community. We will always accept responsibility for our actions and continue to seek improvement in our professional lives.
Oversee all activities of the Police Department that includes but is not limited to administration, communication, investigation, patrol and supervision.
Patrol the Town to deter illegal activities and protect and preserve the safety and security of individuals, businesses, buildings, and neighborhoods.
Develop, recommend and administer department budget. Review and substantiate department funds and maintenance of fiscal controls on department revenue and expenditures. Plans allocation and use of all monies budgeted for departmental operations.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of police department operations and management, local government administration and knowledge of best practices in the management of municipal police services.
Minimum high school graduate or equivalent. Bachelor degree or higher in criminal justice, business administration, public administration or equivalent degree is preferred.
Colorado POST certified or ability to become POST certified.
Minimum of five years’ progressive experience as a law enforcement officer in a supervisory position. Command level experience preferred.
The Town supplies uniform, jacket, protective vest, radio, firearms and Taser.
All other duty equipment is to be provided by the employee
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is in the process of implementing a new, Statewide Digital Fingerprinting Process known as CABS (Colorado Applicant Background Services). This program is tentatively scheduled to start implementation on Monday September 24, 2018.
Who We are: American Bioidentity Inc., dba Colorado Fingerprinting is an approved vendor for the new CABS Digital Fingerprinting Process. American Bioidentity Inc is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the American DataBank Group located in Downtown Denver since 1999. From its Denver headquarters American DataBank has provided background screening and advanced compliance management technology nationwide for 19 years. As a home-grown Colorado company, Colorado Fingerprinting is committed to your success and the success of the CABS program.
How the CABS Program Will Work:
You can choose to be fingerprinted at any of our convenient locations; we are in the process of opening over 40 locations throughout the State of Colorado. When you need fingerprinting the new, streamlined process look like this:
- Online Registration - You will register through our online Enrollment Center at www.coloradofingerprinting.com where you will identify yourself and the entity requesting your report. Please note the registration will be active as of September 24, 2018.
- Convenient Location and Time - Use the Enrollment Center to select a convenient location, date and time for your appointment.
- Payment or Billing Account - After providing all required information you can pay with either credit card, money order or provide a billing account number if provided by your requesting institution.
- Confirmation - You receive an appointment confirmation with your Order Number by text and by email.
- Fingerprinting - Go to the fingerprint location at your scheduled time. Provide the Order Number to the enrollment agent along with your government issued photo ID (drivers license, state issued ID, US passport or foreign-issued passport). Your livescan fingerprints, digital photo and digital signature are then captured and submitted to CBI.
- Results - The results are returned by CBI to the entity requesting your report.
- Status - You can login to the Enrollment Center at any time to see the status of your fingerprint submission.
Please contact us 720-292-2722, toll free 833-224-2227 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
Online Ticket Payment
Department of Motor Vehicle
Vehicle Registration — Rio Grande County Clerk/Recorders Office: (719) 657-3334
Required to change after 30 days to a Colorado driver license after becoming a resident.
DMV, 715 6th St., Alamosa (719) 589-4274
Department of Revenue
The go to site for motor vehicle, taxes and driver information
The South Fork Police Department needs your help, please report all suspicious activity, persons and vehicles in your neighborhood. Together we can make our community safe.
Please be aware of of the Public Health and Safety Ordinance 02-05 regarding trash containers and littering.