Gov. Polis Announces Boards and Commissions Appointments
Child Support Commission
The Child Support Commission reviews the child support guidelines and is required to issue a report every four years to the Governor and the General Assembly of the results of the review of child support guidelines and any recommended statutory changes.
for a term expiring at the pleasure of the Governor:
- Crystal Derschon of Fort Collins, Colorado, to serve as the child support liaison to the judiciary, appointed.
Colorado Aeronautical Board
The Colorado Aeronautical Board assesses the state's aviation needs and makes recommendations to the Director of the Division of Aeronautics within the Department of Transportation.
for terms expiring December 19, 2026:
- Mark Van Tine of Parker, Colorado, to serve as a representative familiar with and supportive of the state’s aviation issues, interests and concerns, reappointed;
- Stephen Lee of Parker, Colorado, to serve as a representative of a statewide association of airport managers, reappointed;
- Trimbi Szabo of Broomfield, Colorado, to serve as a representative of a statewide association of pilots, reappointed.
Colorado Food Systems Advisory Council
The Food Systems Advisory Council advances recommendations that strengthen healthy food access for all Coloradans through Colorado agriculture and local food systems and economies. It is the state conduit for hearing, reviewing and advancing critical food systems issues in which state government does or could play a role.
for a term expiring October 31, 2025:
- Angelika Sunie of Pueblo, Colorado, to serve as a recipient of supplemental nutrition assistance, occasioned by the resignation of Cydne “Michelle” Bradford of Monte Vista, Colorado, appointed.
Colorado Healthcare Affordability and Sustainability Enterprise Board of Directors
The Colorado Healthcare Affordability and Sustainability Enterprise Board is responsible for working with the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing and the Medical Services Board to develop the hospital provider fee model, help with the preparation of annual reports on this program, and ensure that the Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) eligibility expansions are implemented as intended.
for a term expiring May 15, 2026:
- Patrick Gordon of Denver, Colorado, to represent a health insurance provider, appointed.
Colorado State Fair Authority Board of Commissioners
The Colorado State Fair Authority Board of Commissioners is a corporate body, a political subdivision of the state. The Board directs and supervises the Colorado State Fair and Industrial Exposition. The Fair is held annually at Pueblo for the display of livestock and agricultural, horticultural, industrial, mining, recreational, educational and scientific products of the State of Colorado.
for terms expiring November 1, 2027:
- Deb Suniga of Greeley, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the Second Agricultural District, and as a Democrat, reappointed;
- Darius Allen of Alamosa, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the Third Agricultural District, agriculture, and as a Republican, reappointed;
- Caleen Hale of Montrose, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the Fourth Agricultural District, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed.
Commission on Property Tax
The Commission on Property Tax was created for the purpose of studying and making recommendations for a property tax structure that protects property owners and residential tenants from rising property taxes while meeting the needs of governments that rely on property tax to pay for local services.
for terms expiring at the Pleasure of the Governor:
- Cody Davis of Grand Junction, Colorado, to serve as a county commissioner from the Western region, appointed;
- Brenda Dones of Johnstown, Colorado, to serve as a county assessor, appointed.
FAIR Plan Association Board of Directors
The FAIR Plan Association is established to provide property insurance coverage, including commercial property insurance, when such coverage is not available from admitted companies. The Fair Plan Association shall: establish, offer and maintain property insurance and a commercial property insurance policy that satisfy the requirements of the FAIR Plan.
for a term expiring January 1, 2025:
- Jae Walker of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a representative of admitted mutual insurers writing property insurance in Colorado, appointed;
for term expiring January 1, 2027:
- Trina Markey of Fort Collins, Colorado, to serve as a representative of admitted mutual insurers writing property insurance in Colorado, appointed.
Health Service Corps Advisory Council
The Colorado Health Service Corps Advisory Council acts as the state advisory body of the Colorado Health Service Corps and reviews applications received from health care professionals to participate in the program, subject to available appropriations. The Colorado Health Service Corps is a state, federal, and private partnership that seeks to improve access to health care professionals by repaying the educational loans of providers who agree to practice in areas with a health professional shortage. The program emphasizes long-term retention of health professionals in underserved communities and seeks to increase health equity for all Coloradans.
for terms expiring November 20, 2026:
- Megan Strauss of Salida, Colorado, to serve as a representative of an economic development organization that operates in Colorado, appointed;
- Amy Barton of Centennial, Colorado, to serve as a nurse who has experience in rural health, safety net clinics, or health equity, reappointed;
- Symone Webley, DDS, of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an oral health practitioner who has experience in rural health, safety net clinics, or health equity, reappointed;
- David Ross, DO, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, to serve as a physician who is a faculty member of a medical school in Colorado, reappointed;
- Phyllis Kirk Graham-Dickerson, PhD of Centennial, Colorado, to serve as an advanced practice nurse in a faculty position at an educational institution with health care professional programs, reappointed.
Natural Areas Council
The Colorado Natural Areas Council advises the Executive Director of the Department of Natural Resources on the administration of the Colorado Natural Areas Program and approves the registration and designation of natural areas by the Department of Natural Resources.
for a term expiring July 1, 2027:
- Angela Lynn Reidel of Lafayette, Colorado to serve as a representative interested in the preservation of natural areas, reappointed.
Physical Therapy Board
The Physical Therapy Board is responsible for the regulations of the practice of physical therapy in Colorado. It also grants licenses to qualified applicants, adopts all reasonable and necessary rules for the administration and enforcement of regulations, supervises unlicensed persons by physical therapists, taking into account the education and training of the unlicensed individuals and the physical therapy of animals, including without limitation, education and clinical requirements for the performance of physical therapy of animals and the procedure for handling complaints to the Department of Regulatory Agencies regarding physical therapy of animals.
for terms effective January 1, 2024 and expiring January 1, 2028:
- Emmanuel Aniag, PT, DPT of Pueblo, Colorado, to serve as a professional member, reappointed;
- Ira Gorman, PhD of Evergreen, Colorado, to serve as a professional member, reappointed;
- Te’Andis Elliott of Aurora, Colorado, to serve as a public member, appointed.
Public Utilities Commission of the State of Colorado
The Public Utilities Commission regulates telecommunications, gas, electric, and transportation utilities. The Commission also establishes regulatory policy for exercising oversight and control of the regulated utilities.
effective January 13, 2023 for a term expiring January 8, 2028:
- Megan Gilman of Edwards, Colorado, reappointed.
Solid and Hazardous Waste Commission
The Solid and Hazardous Waste Commission makes rules and regulations for the handling, storage and transportation of hazardous wastes in the State of Colorado.
for terms expiring August 1, 2026:
- James Spaanstra of Dillon, Colorado, to serve as a representative of a regulated community, appointed;
- Mark Keyes of Severance, Colorado, to serve as a representative of a regulated community, reappointed.
State Capitol Building Advisory Committee
The State Capitol Building Advisory Committee reviews, advises and makes recommendations to the capitol development committee with respect to plans to restore, redecorate and reconstruct space within the public and ceremonial areas of the state capitol.
for terms expiring July 1, 2025:
- Eric Mandil of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an architect, reappointed;
- Kurtis Todd Morrison of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
- Danielle Oliveto of Denver, Colorado, reappointed.
State Conservation Board
The duties of the State Conservation Board are to coordinate programs, training and organization for the eight state conservation districts and federal agencies; allocation of state funds; and, to serve as co-sponsor of watershed and flood prevention projects.
effective December 31, 2023 for a term expiring December 31, 2027:
- Robert Emmett Jordan of Briggsdale, Colorado, reappointed.
State Judicial Performance Commission
The State Judicial Performance Commission develops the Rules Governing Commissions on Judicial Performance and evaluates the performance of Supreme Court Justices and Court of Appeals Judges.
for a term expiring November 30, 2027:
- Eric Artis of Aurora, Colorado, to serve as a non-attorney, appointed.
Utility Consumers’ Board
The duties and responsibilities of the Utilities Consumer Council is to provide guidance on policy matters and annually evaluate the performance of the Office of Consumer Council. The Office’s charter is to advocate on behalf of residential, small business, and agricultural consumers in energy matters before the Public Utilities Commission and other courts.
for a term expiring July 1, 2026:
- Bonnie Trowbridge of Berthoud, Colorado, to serve as a representative of the Eighth Congressional District, occasioned by the resignation of Susan McFaddin of Fort Collins, Colorado, appointed.