The Governor's Executive Internship
The Governor’s Executive Internship program works with diverse and talented students and growing professionals to develop their skill sets and expand their understanding of state government, its institutions, and functions. Interested applicants of all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to learn more about the program and the application process below.
At this time we are monitoring the public health situation, and while we hope to have some in person work in the Capitol for our interns, that will all depend on the public health landscape at the time, as we want to prioritize our staff and intern's safety.
The Governor’s Executive Internship is intended to provide:
- Exposure to the operations and day-to-day tasks of the Governor’s Office
- Experiential learning and assignments that reflect methods in how the office strives for government to be more effective, efficient and elegant
- A framework to enhance educational experience through practical work and research, thereby developing skills useful for career development
- Professional development opportunities and relational network building
Requirements for participation:
- Commitment to consistent weekly hours based on individual schedules
- Minimum 16hrs/week for 15 weeks, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Excellent writing, communication, and proofreading skills
- Strong individual initiative/work ethic
- Interest in public service
- Ability to responsibly handle and participate in confidential work
- Strong commitment to good government and nonpartisanship
- Flexibility and drive to work remotely if required
The Governor's Office embraces diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or physical ability. The Governor's Office and the State of Colorado are equal opportunity employers.
Internship applications are currently closed. We will update this page when they are re-open. Please contact Gov_ExecutiveInternship@state.co.us with any questions.