The Governor's Executive Internship
The Governor’s Executive Internship program works with diverse and talented students and growing professionals to develop their skill sets and expand their understanding of state government, institutions, and functions. Interested applicants of all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to learn more about the program and the application process below.
The Governor’s Executive Internship is intended to provide the following:
- Exposure to the operations and day-to-day tasks of the Governor’s Office
- Experiential learning and assignments that reflect methods in how the office strives for government to be more effective, efficient, and elegant
- A framework to enhance the educational experience through practical work and research, thereby developing skills useful for career development
- Professional development opportunities and relational network building
Requirements for participation:
- Commitment to consistent weekly hours based on individual schedules
- Minimum 16hrs/week, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Excellent writing, communication, and proofreading skills
- Strong individual initiative/work ethic
- Interest in public service
- Ability to responsibly handle and participate in confidential work
- Strong commitment to good government and nonpartisanship
- Flexibility and drive to work remotely if required
The Governor's Office embraces diversity and does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or physical ability. The Governor's Office and the State of Colorado are equal-opportunity employers.
The Internship Application for our Summer 2024 Session is open! The application will close on March 17th, 2024.