The Governor's Executive Internship
The Governor’s Executive Internship program works with diverse and talented students and growing professionals to develop their skill sets and expand their understanding of state government, its institutions, and functions. Interested applicants of all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to learn more about the program and the application process below.
The Governor’s Executive Internship is intended to provide:
- Exposure to the operations and day-to-day tasks of the Governor’s Office
- Experiential learning and assignments that reflect methods in how the office strives for government to be more effective, efficient and elegant
- A framework to enhance educational experience through practical work and research, thereby developing skills useful for career development
Requirements for participation:
- Commitment to consistent weekly hours based on individual schedules
- Minimum 16hrs/week for 15 weeks, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Excellent writing, communication, and proofreading skills
- Strong individual initiative/work ethic
- Interest in public service
- Ability to responsibly handle and participate in confidential work
- Strong commitment to good government and nonpartisanship
The Governor's Office embraces diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, or ability. The Governor's Office and the State of Colorado are equal opportunity employers.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2019. The deadline for priority consideration is July 26, 2019 at 5 pm.
Fall 2019 intern orientation will be held Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
How to Apply:
Submit a complete (1) internship application, (2) brief cover letter, (3) one page resume, and (4) one to two page writing sample via email, each as a separate PDF file, to email@example.com.