Health First Colorado is the Medicaid managed care program in Colorado and is made up of five Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs) located around the state. The BHOs provide mental health services to Medicaid recipients in the state. Each BHO manages mental health services for Medicaid-eligible individuals in the defined geographic area where they live.
Use the Colorado Medicaid website to access a map and find the BHO that serves your area.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/colorado-medicaid or 1-800-221-3943 / State Relay: 711
Contact your insurance company to confirm that your plan includes a mental health services benefit and to determine providers in your network.
- Cigna: Call the number on your Member ID card or enrollment materials.
- United Healthcare of Colorado: 1-800-516-3344
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield: 1-877-811-3106
- Kaiser Permanente
- Denver/Boulder – 303-338-3800
- Northern Colorado – 1-800-632-9700
- Southern Colorado – 1-888-681-7878
- Aetna: 1-800-872-3862 or call the member services phone number on your ID card.
- Rocky Mountain Health Plan: 1-800-346-4643
To determine the providers and services covered by your Medicare health plan, contact Medicare at 1-800-633-4227
If your Medicare health plan does not include mental health services, return to the Find a Provider tab and search for Fee Type 'Uninsured'
Return to the Find a Provider tab and search for Fee Type 'Uninsured'
The Office of Behavioral Health contracts with behavioral health providers in the community to provide specialized services to populations of people identified by federal and state governments to be in need of services. These services can be accessed by contacting community mental health centers and managed services organizations for more information.