Please note that you cannot use this application to renew an expired Driver's License or State ID card which has been expired for more than 365 days.
- Click Continue on the application home page to begin your transaction.
- Enter your State ID or Driver's License number along with your date of birth and last four digits of your social security number into the associated field on the document information page and click continue.
The system will verify and validate your information, determine if the information entered is for an ID or License and determine if the License or ID is eligible for renewal.
- If the document is an eligible license, you will be advanced to the Eligibility Information page.
- If the document is an ineligible license, you will be advanced to the License Not Eligible for Online Renewal. At this point, you will not be able to renew online because of one or more reasons listed on the page. Click Exit to return to the application homepage.
- If the document is an eligible ID, the system advances to the Address Information page.
- If the document is an ineligible ID, you will be advanced to the ID Not Eligible for Online Renewal. At this point, you will not be able to renew online because of one or more reasons listed on the page. Click Exit to return to the application homepage.
- For eligible Driver's Licenses only, users must answer four questions on the Eligibility Information page. Make selections on this page for every question and click Continue. If you cannot truthfully answer these four questions as required, you will not be able to renew your License online. If your answers coincide with the requirements, then the system advances to the Address Information page.
On the Address Information page, enter an address in the Residence address section along with a 5 digit zip code. Please note that PO Box addresses are not to be entered into the Residence Address section.
- If your mailing address is the same as your residence address, select the checkbox above the Mailing Address section and all entered data in the Residence Address section will auto-populate the Mailing Address field. Please note that if you misenter information in this field, your ID or License will be sent to the wrong address.
- If your mailing address is different, manually enter your mailing address information.
- Click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- If either of the zip codes you entered into the mailing or residence address sections are associated with more than one city, the page will refresh with the city field enabled. Make a selection from the Residence and/or Mailing Address city field and click Continue.
- If both of the zip codes entered are associated with one city, then the system will automatically advance to the Additional Information page.
On the Additional Information page, if you would like to register to vote or update your voter registration information, select Yes in the Motor Voter section. You will be presented with a link to the Secretary of State Online Voter Registration application at the end of the transaction, on the receipt page.
- Select whether you would like to be an organ donor. If so this status will be printed on your State-issued ID or Driver's License.
- If you would like to donate to the Emily Maureen Ellen Keyes Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Fund, enter a whole dollar amount into the field on this page. Making a donation does not change your donor status. The donation is completely separate from organ donor status.
- Click Continue to view the Confirmation page.
- The confirmation displays a summary of all information that will be transacted. This is your chance to review all related information and make any changes to Address Information or Additional Information by clicking Edit.
- When you are sure that all of your information is correct, click continue to access the Checkout portion of the application.
- Select the credit or debit card you want to pay with, the account number, and the expiration date in mm/yyyy format. Click Continue.
- Enter in all account information related to the Credit Card you are using. Please note that this may be different information than you entered for residence and mailing address. Click Continue.
- On the Payment Confirmation page, all of your payment information will display for your review. Please note that at this point all portal administrative fees have been calculated. Verify all of this information carefully. If you wish to initiate authorization for payment, click I Agree. If you do not wish to complete this transaction, click I Disagree.
- Once the payment has been authorized and confirmed, your renewal is processed and you will be presented with the Receipt page. If you elected to register to vote, a link to the Secretary of State Online Voter Registration application will be in the red box at the top of the page. You can also download and/or print a receipt for this transaction from the same red box. Please note that an email receipt of this transaction will be emailed to the address you provided on the Payment Information page.