Safer at Home
We are proud to serve the great people of Colorado as efficiently and safely as possible. We are open for business online, by phone, and by in-person appointment in some locations. Please try to use the alternative contact methods and online services before scheduling an appointment to visit a Taxpayer Service Center. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to keep you and our staff safe.
The Denver Metro Taxpayer Service Center, the Colorado Springs Taxpayer Service Center, and Grand Junction Taxpayer Service Center are now open by appointment only for in-person visits. For more information and to schedule an appointment, go to the Visit a Taxpayer Service Center web page.
To assist with social distancing best practices, a drop box has been placed outside of the State Capitol Annex, and the Denver Metro, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Pueblo and Grand Junction Taxpayer Service Centers. You can submit your returns, e-filer attachments, and payments (check or money order only) in that drop box. If you have any questions about the drop box, please call Taxpayer Services at (303) 238-7378 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Some tax filing deadlines have been extended and certain tax requirements have changed. For additional information, select an option below.
- Income Tax
- Sales Tax
- Severance Tax
- Public Utilities Administration Fee
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
Resources for Businesses & Tax Professionals
- Small Business Assistance
- Business Tax Bill Payment Plans
- Tax Deadline Extensions & Requirement Changes
- Tax Due Date Extension Schedule Matrix
- Tax Professional Resources
- Nonresident Disaster Relief Worker Income Tax Withholding Information
Resources for Individuals
- Income Tax Deadline Extension
- Tax Bill Payment Plans
- Unemployment Insurance Claims & Information
- Federal Stimulus Checks from the I.R.S. (now called "Economic Impact Payments")
- Nonresident Disaster Relief Worker Income Tax Filing Information
COVID-19 Public Health Updates
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has been working hard to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, and has been partnering with federal and local health departments. For the latest health information visit the CDPHE website.
Visit Our Website
Colorado.gov/Tax is the best place to start when looking for general information. We have been making many improvements to the website and add new content regularly. You can access forms, how-to videos, guides for various tax types/topics and many more informational resources. You can also sign up to receive regular email updates for various tax types and topics.
Also, many tax filing and account management tasks can be done by using Revenue Online. By filing and managing your tax account online, you will not need to visit an office to pick up paper forms. Click here to see what you can do using Revenue Online.
If you are not able find what you need on our website, we are here to help. Select an option below to learn more.
Taxpayer Service Centers are beginning to reopen by appointment only. Customers needing assistance can also call the Taxpayer Helpline at 303-238-7378 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MDT, Monday through Friday.
Services Available Online
Many of the services done over the phone can be done via Revenue Online. Below is a list of available online services:
- Helping with individual tax issues and all things related to income tax
- Helping businesses with sales tax returns and all business tax issues
- Revenue Online (ROL) Account setup, maintenance and recovery
- Revenue Online Services will still be available:
- Make a Payment
- File an income tax or sales tax return
- Check the status of a refund
- Request a copy of your return
- Respond to an inquiry letter
- File a protest
- File a PTC application
- Submit Year End Withholding
- Submit POA
- Request a letter ID
- Verify a license or certificate
- View delinquent taxpayer list
- Submit an e-filer attachment
Colorado cigarette tax stamps are available to be ordered on a daily basis, Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays:
- 20 cigarettes per stamp rolls, wide 20 count rolls, 20 count sheets and 25 cigarette per stamp rolls.
- Licensed distributors may order cigarette tax stamps by email ONLY at email@example.com.
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
Carriers who need to obtain an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) decal, contact the Fuel unit by submitting a web message through Revenue Online, or email DOR_FuelTax@state.co.us, include a copy of the vehicle registration and your phone number, in case the Department needs to contact you for additional information. In-person appointments are not available at this time.
Tax Return Processing
- Income Tax Returns will be received and processed electronically and via mail.
- A secure drop-off box is located at Taxpayers services at 1375 Sherman St., Denver, Co 80203, and will soon be located outside of additional facilities for those who want to drop off their returns, mail and any forms.
- Severance Tax will function normally.
Tax Auditing and Compliance
Tax Auditing and Compliance locations will be closed to the public while auditors continue to work normal caseloads.
Tax Fraud & Discovery
Tax Fraud will still take phone calls and emails from the public.
Tax Training Classes
Out of an abundance of caution, all in-person tax training classes have been suspended until further notice. Visit the Tax Training section of our website for virtual tax training and financial educational resources. Also, a live tax training webinar is scheduled for April 16th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. MDT. Click here to sign up.
Letter Rulings from the Office of Tax Policy & Analysis
The Department encourages anyone submitting a request for a Private Letter Rulings (PLR) or General Information Letters (GIL) to submit the request electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of submitting a written request by mail. Taxpayers who have sent requests in the past week are encouraged to send a copy by email for faster processing.
Alternative Process of Service
You may serve your legal documents on the Department during the closure. Visit the Alternative Process Service web page for more information or to request a waiver for personal service of process of legal documents.