Director: Brenda Rhea
651 West Green House Drive (Temporary Administration Office)
650, 675, 651, 676 West Green House Drive (4 Residences)
Akron, CO 80720
Washington County Nursing Home is an important part of the health services supported by our county. The campus is county-owned, not-for-profit, and quality care is our priority. The homes are spacious and the staff strives to provide a home-like atmosphere. We offer all the services of the larger facilities in northeast Colorado but on a smaller, more personal scale, where every resident is a member of "our family." For more information, please contact us for admission criteria, current rates, and a tour of our facility.
To provide quality care, compassionately and respectfully, for individuals living in our home. We are dedicated to working together with them, their families, our communities, and our staff, to provide a nurturing environment.
- 40 licensed beds - private
- Medicare and Medicaid certified
- Family style dining
- Private visiting areas for family visits
- Each house has a kitchen for resident/family use
- Large covered porch
- Located just north of the fairgrounds on West 4th Street
- Code alert wander guard system
- Individual heating and cooling units in each room
- Secured private yards
- 24-hour nursing care
- Rehab-to-home short-term rehabilitation with therapy 5 days per week
- Physical, Occupational & Speech therapy
- Hospice care
- IV Therapy
- Wound Care
- Colostomy, urostomy and feeding tube care
- Delicious, nutritious, home-cooked meals
- Snacks and dietary supplements
- Registered dietician consultation
- Consultant Pharmacist to review medication regime and make recommendations to the physician
- Regular physician visits
- Acrtivities on/off campus
Admitting a family member to a nursing home is never an easy decision to make. It usually happens during a time of crisis which makes the process even more stressful. We are committed to helping you and your loved ones in the difficult days of transition from hospital or home to our community. We strive to provide a home away from home, offering choice in daily routine and meals, providing a place for "living" supported by good medical and nursing care.
Each person is considered for admission based upon their medical and psychological needs and the services we can provide.
Each person is considered without regard to race, creed, sex, age, social status, or pay source. We are Medicare and Medicaid certified.
We strive to make our community a place of warmth and welcome for everyone who lives, works, visits or volunteers here. While our home-like furnishings, sunny gardens and cozy social areas create an inviting setting, the true sense of community is created by the people who come within our walls. Treating all who enter our home with dignity and respect is our number one priority. We recognize that all people have potential for growth, no matter what age or stage of life.
Our caring and committed staff makes the difference. Our employees know that each resident is a unique individual with differing needs and goals. They understand the importance of a kind word, a gentle touch and the healing power of a smile.
Please go to: www.thegreenhouseproject.org