Jim Evans, IT Administrator
150 Ash Avenue
Akron, CO 80720
970-345-2701 x 264
Hours: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (excluding holidays)
IT provides the implementation and maintenance to network services that Washington County uses in its organization. Specific tasks may include the coordination of requests for services or other information to identify requirements for information; coordinate with departments, contractors, or vendors as needed to provide required services or support. Maintain and inventory of information services and equipment, supplies and materials; reviews technical publications and other information to identify new technology and improvements in hardware or software; makes recommendations concerning new purchases, changes in contracts or other actions; prepares and coordinates purchase orders, contracts and other documents as required; aid in training or assisting users with various systems applications, responding to various problems and coordinating with staff to effect solutions or enhance systems performance.
IT job description:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of automated data, security and backups.
- Supports hardware and software components of the county's IT operations.
- Responsible for the administration of the county-wide VOIP phone systems.
- Administrator of all Content Management Systems and SQL databases.
- Administrator of county email system (soon migrating to G-Suite)
- Redesigned and maintain this website.
- Maintains disaster recovery procedures.
- Implements cyber security policies.
- Support Polycom video conferencing equipment for Telemed and Telecourt
- Support the jail kiosks for our 250 bed jail
- Manages copier, computer and phone budgets.
- Responsible for all county network infrastructure.
- Maintain most video surveillance systems.