City Clerk's Office
525 S. Albert Avenue
Walsenburg, CO 81089
Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Voice: (719) 695-1031
Fax: (719) 738-1875
To provide accurate information and maximize access to municipal government.
Statutory Cities have an elected City Clerk who can serve for three terms unless the City votes to convert to an appointed Clerk (a similar arrangement to the City Administrator) or opt out of term limits. Professional City Clerks are certified through the Colorado Municipal Clerks Association after successful completion of a three year training program.
Veronica Vigil (2017-2019)
Acting Deputy City Clerk
Terry Martin - a certified Colorado Municipal Clerk.
The City Clerk keeps all records, issues permits and licenses.
- Respond to the needs of the City Council and their constituents.
- Prepare and distribute docket materials in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and administer public hearings effectively
- Administer and coordinate municipal elections effectively
- Serve as filing officer.
- Effectively support the election/appointment process for board and commission members.
- Provide access to the City’s official record and legislative documents in as many different mediums as possible. Access to information is a core function of the Office of the City Clerk.
- Maintain and preserve City Council proceedings and related documents (e.g., minutes, result sheets,resolutions/ordinances, contracts/agreements, leases/deeds/change orders).
- Administer records management program for the City of Walsenburg.
- Maintain custody of City documents effectively.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Utilize best business practices for customer management.
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer requests.
- Provide current, comprehensive, and accurate information to meet customers’ needs.
- Communicate effectively across the City.
- Effectively work as a team.
- Enable open and honest communication within the Department.
Burn Permit Application
Walsenburg Business License
To renew or apply for your Walsenburg business License please comply with some of these helpful tips.
Some helpful tips and information:
- Fill out the application as completely as possible, for help or questions call Terry Martin at 719-695-1031.
- All Business’ must be current with the Secretary of State, for information regarding a State sales tax license or trade name registration, contact the Colorado Department of Revenue at 303-238-7378. The sales tax rate for Walsenburg is 3%, State of Colorado is 2.9%, and Huerfano County tax is 3%.
- Food service businesses need to have a current permit from the Health Department. For more information, contact John Martinez, Environmental Health Specialist II at 719-846-2213.
- Include your payment of $50.00 for a new business license
- Business License annual renewal fee……………………….$50.00
- New and renewal fee for tax exempt businesses……..$0
Late renewal application fees are as follows: If you are late please add the following fees:
- Additional Applications filed February 1 through February 28.….$60.00
- Additional Applications filed March 1 through March 31…………..$65.00
- Additional Application filed after March 31……………………………….$70.00
Thank you for your application and best wishes for a successful 2020.
- City Council Meeting Minutes
- City Council Meeting Agendas
- City Council Resolutions
- City Ordinances
- Financial Records