Non-VA Emergency Care


What do I need to do if admitted to a non-VA Medical Center in the case of an emergency?

Contact the Network Authorization Center within 72 hours of admission at 1-888-795-0773.

  • Must be 100% SC or emergency must be for a SC disability
  • Must be enrolled in VA health care system
  • VA will also pay if veteran is referred by the VA for care to that facility but still call the Network Authorization Center

NON-VA Emergency Care Fact Sheet