July 4th Celebration
Fourth of July Festivities
2017 4th of July Camping
We will be operating 2 different campgrounds on a 1st come 1st serve basis:
- Depot Campground (across the tracks at the train depot 10th & Cement)
- Kendall Mtn. Campground (KMCC 14th & Kendall Place)
For more information contact Town Hall @ 970-387-5522
- Both Campgrounds will open June 29th @ noon and close July 5th @ noon.
- The camping fee is $20 per person per night. Children 14 and Under are FREE!
- Each campground will have port-o-johns, dumpsters and security.
- Campfires are allowed in both campgrounds ONLY in approved self-contained fire pits.
- Fire pits are available for rent while they last @ $10 per week with a $10 refundable deposit.
- Firewood is available for sale.
- Dogs are allowed but must remain leashed and owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Quiet Time is between midnight & 8:00 a.m.
- Littering, fireworks & open fire fines STRICTLY ENFORCED.
The Following Rules Are STRICTLY ENFORCED:
- You must have a permit for each vehicle. Every camper must have a wristband.
- Campfires are only allowed in pre-approved, self-contained fire pits.
- No illegal fireworks! $300 fine.
- Dogs must remained leashed or tied at all times. (You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog!)
- Quiet time is midnight to 8 a.m. No generators or excessive noise during this time.
- Place trash in dumpsters & cans provided. Littering Fines STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- Watch for pedestrians in the road. Speed limit is 15 mph.
- Do not dump waste on the ground. The following places have water & dump available:
A&B RV Park Red Mtn. RV Park
14th & Mineral 664 Greene St
Silver Summit RV Park Silverton Lakes RV Park
640 Mineral 2100 Kendall St
Annual Schedule of Events
Blue Ribbon Run 2k, 5k and 10k
When: 8:00 a.m.
Where: Start and Finish at Memorial Park
Parade & Water Fight
Staging: 10 a.m. next to the County Courthouse
When: 10:30 a.m.
Where: Greene and Blair Street Details: Water Fight to follow Parade at 14th and Greene Street
Contact: Patty Dailey
Carnival & Brass Band in the Park
When: Noon to 4 p.m.
Where: Memorial Park
Contact: Sue Kurtz
When: 2 p.m.
Where: Cement Creek at Memorial Park
Contact: Chamber of Commerce
Silverton 4th of July Carnival
Where: Memorial Park
Greene Street Block Party w/ The Tim Sullivan Band
Where: 12th and Greene St.
When: Approximately 9 p.m.
Where: Picnicking allowed on Shrine Hill for event but NO VEHICLES AND NO CAMPING ALLOWED ON SHRINE HILL.
Contact: SILVERTON 4TH OF JULY ASSOCIATION 970-387-5654
***Please note that as Memorial Park is a Town Facility it is an alcohol and drug free zone.***