Online: Visit the COVID-19 page on San Juan County's website: www.colorado.gov/sanjuan/SanJuanCOVID-19.
Email Updates: To sign up for San Juan County's COVID-19 email distribution list email email@example.com.
Public Alerts By Text Message: Sign up for the Nixle system to have public alerts texted directly to your phone. Simply text 81433 to 888-777.
Assistance By Phone: Call the Visitor's Center at 970-387-5654, daily from 10 am - 3 pm. The facility itself is currently closed to the public.
Online: Visit the State of Colorado COVID-19 website: covid19.colorado.gov.
By Phone: Dial 2-1-1 for a resource navigator to connect with human services and programs or call 866-760-6489.
If you are sick or think you have been exposed, STAY ISOLATED AT HOME. Call a health care provider prior to being seen.
STATEWIDE STAY AT HOME ORDER ISSUED, EFFECTIVE MARCH 26, 2020 AT 6 AM
The Governor of the State of Colorado issued an Executive Order on March 25, 2020 ordering Coloradans to stay at home whenever possible due to the presence of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the State. This order is in effect from 6 am on March 26, 2020 through April 11, 2020.
The Town of Silverton is closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking steps to keep our community, staff, and visitors safe and to keep Town operations functioning. To date, there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in San Juan County. However, Town officials are working closely with San Juan County and the Office of Emergency Management to coordinate in the event of a worsening public health risk. The Town of Silverton is currently taking the actions listed below:
- Increasing education about the virus and healthy habits to employees and with visitors to our public spaces.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of offices, common areas and public areas to help prevent the spread of all germs.
- Our current, standard drinking water treatment methods assure a complete disinfection process, with no threat of drinking water becoming a source of the virus.
- Town staff members who can work from home are being permitted to do so at their discretion.
- Limiting use of Town facilities to essential functions only.
- Hosting all meetings using videoconferencing and teleconferencing capabilities until further notice.
- Closing Kendall Mountain Ski Area for the remainder of the season, effective March 15, 2020.
- Declaring a local State of Emergency on March 18, 2020.
This plan will be updated as needed, based upon the evolving situation.
TOWN OF SILVERTON RESPONSE MEASURES
- MUNICIPAL COURT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER RESPONDING TO COVID-19 - MARCH 20, 2020
- MUNICIPAL COURT NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 - MARCH 20, 2020
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETINGS MOVED TO VIRTUAL FORMAT IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 - MARCH 19, 2020
- TOWN OF SILVERTON DECLARES STATE OF DISASTER - MARCH 18, 2020
- LETTER FROM TOWN OF SILVERTON AND SAN JUAN COUNTY LEADERSHIP - MARCH 17, 2020
SAN JUAN COUNTY RESPONSE MEASURES
- SAN JUAN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER LIMITING ACTIVITIES OF PEOPLE AS NECESSARY TO PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH (SHELTER IN PLACE) - MARCH 23, 2020
- SAN JUAN COUNTY SHERIFF CLOSES COUNTY LAND AND ROADS TO ALL BUT ESSENTIAL SERVICES, DRIVE THROUGH TRAFFIC AND RESIDENTS - MARCH 21, 2020
For all official orders and information from San Juan County visit their COVID-19 response page.
STATE OF COLORADO PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS & EXECUTIVE ORDERS
The Public Health Orders issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment can be found here.
A list of Executive Orders issued by the Governor of the State of Colorado can be accessed here.
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN? Visit this page to have Executive & Health Orders Explained
HEALTH INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
CO-HELP Call In Line for general questions about Coronavirus
303-389-1687 or 877-462-2911
Learn more about the COVID-19 response and what services are currently available across the state.
INFORMATION FOR WORKERS AND EMPLOYERS
This page was originally published 3/12/20 and is updated daily with the most current information.