Liquor Licensing

Colorado is a dual-licensing state, meaning liquor license applications are reviewed at both the local (Town of Rangely) and State level.

Rangely Town Clerk's office staff acts as liaison with the State, and all applications for a new license or transfer must be submitted to the Clerk's office for local approval prior to being forwarded to the State Liquor Enforcement Division for review. Subsequent to approval by both entities, a liquor license will be issued for a one-year period. Liquor licenses must be renewed annually.

Applying for a liquor license requires attention to detail when completing the application and supplying the required supporting documents.

Please call the Clerk's office to make an appointment to obtain an application packet and review the application process and requirements.

After a completed application is submitted to the Clerk's office and reviewed by staff, a second appointment will be scheduled to go over the application, make revisions, and obtain additional documentation, as needed.

file type iconLiquor License

Liquor License Questions? Call (970) 675-8477 or email the Town Clerk