Construction Plan Permitting
Are you thinking about a renovation, expansion, or new construction? Make sure to check with Rangely's Building Inspector and Code Compliance Officer to ensure your project is in compliance with local safety regulations. Ensuring buildings and structures are safe requires the active participation of property owners, tenants, construction industry experts, and building safety and fire prevention officials.
Process to obtain a Building Permit:
- Ensure that your project is within Town limits.
- Check with Planning and Zoning Commission regarding setbacks, zoning and variances.
- Understand whether your project needs to comply with regulations regarding residential or commercial structures.
- Depending on your project, you may need to consult with a design professional. Engineering is required for wind analysis.
- Fill out the appropriate forms and provide plans if needed.
- You may need to get sign off from outside agencies.
Additional building forms can be found under Documents & Forms -> Building Forms.