The Utility Billing Department is responsible for generating, processing and collecting approximately 15,000 electric and water utility account billings each month. For questions regarding a utility bill, please call 970-577-4800.
The department responds to:
- Utility customer requests for connects
- Disconnects and transfers of ownership of Town utility service
- General billing questions
- Delinquency and collection-related issues
- Processing of utility bill payments
Budget billing spreads out utility payments evenly throughout the year. Meters will still be read each month and bills will reflect details of actual charges and consumption. Accounts will settle up once a year for the difference between actual charges and payments made each month. Contact the Utility Billing staff for more information.
How to pay a utility bill:
- Mail to: Utility Billing Department, P.O. Box 1747, Estes Park, CO 80517
- Bring in person to: Utility Billing Department, 170 MacGregor Ave, room 160
- Automatic Withdrawal Form from a checking or savings account
- Drive through drop box located on MacGregor Avenue
- Credit or debit card paid through the Online Payments page
How to set up a new utility account:
- New renter - if an account history of at least six months has not been established a $100 deposit will be required to begin service. Please bring payment to the Utility Billing Department, 170 MacGregor Ave, room 160
- New owner - please call the Utility Billing Department at least 24 hours in advance to transfer service from the previous property owner
For more information, please contact the Utility Billing Department at 970-577-4800. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding major holidays.