Reporting Power Outages and Water Emergencies

Reporting a Power Outage

1. Check the electrical panel first.
If you experience a service interruption, the first thing to do is check the fuses or breakers to make sure the problem is not with the equipment.

2. Report power outages to Estes Park Light & Power 
Call 970-586-5335 or report power outages through this form.
In order to expedite response time, please limit submissions to one per residence. To view the most recent power outage information, please refer to the Power Outage Public Information Map.

To report a non-emergency concern, such as a street light or power pole issue, please use this form or contact Joe Lockhart, Line Superintendent at 970-577-3613 or, or Sarah Clark, Light & Power Administrative Assistant at 970-577-3627 or


If a downed power line is discovered, Utilities Director Reuben Bergsten advises citizens to immediately call 9-1-1. “Never touch a power line or anything that is in contact with the line,” he stated. Overhead power lines are not insulated and should always be considered dangerous. The Town’s trained professionals will move the line and all others should stay clear of the area.
Estes Park Light & Power responds immediately to power outages. Multiple outages are prioritized by the types of services affected, such as schools and hospitals, followed by the number of people affected. Light & Power cannot base its response on one individual’s medical situation. Crews will respond as soon as possible, but residents who require oxygen or other electric-powered medical equipment should have a 24-hour backup plan. For more information on how to prepare for possible power outages, visit

Always call 9-1-1 during a medical emergency.


CALL 970-586-5335.

To report or discuss a non-emergency issue, such as a leaking or broken fire hydrant, water discoloration or for other water inquiries, please contact Cliff Tedder, Water Distribution Supervisor at 970-577-3622 or or Brenda Wyss, Water Division Administrative Assistant at 970-577-3619 or