After a regular meeting and public hearing on Tuesday Nov. 12th, 2019 the Town Board approved a proposal from Public Works to implement Phase II of the 2018 Board-adopted Downtown Parking Management Plan - Implementation of Seasonal Paid Parking in 2020.
Learn more about the seasonal paid parking process, the current proposal and proposed map, and/or to catch up on previous Board discussion on the topic from the three previous Town Board Study Sessions about Seasonal Paid Parking, please use these links:
- Sept. 24 Study Session
- Oct. 8 Study Session
- Oct. 22 Study Session
Questions can be directed to Parking & Transit Manager Vanessa Solesbee at email@example.com
The Town of Estes Park strives to provide a variety of public parking and transportation options to meet the needs of locals and visitors. Feedback is being accepted online by clicking here.
The new Estes Parking App -- real-time parking availability at your fingertips!
The Estes Parking App:
I want to:
- Park a car, truck or SUV
- Park a RV, trailer or bus
- Charge an electric vehicle
- Ride the Town's free shuttle
- Buy a permit
- Pay a parking citation
The Town offers free all-day, three-hour and 30-minute parking in lots, on-street and in the Town's parking structure. Free seasonal shuttles directly serve the Events Complex Park-n-Ride (1125 Rooftop Way), the Estes Park Visitor Center (500 Big Thompson Ave.), the parking structure (691 N. St. Vrain & US 36) and provide service within a short walk to all other downtown parking facilities.
- Fixed and mobile License Plate Recognition
- Video Counting
Learn more about the Town's use of parking technology, including data collection, usage and retention.
Parking for larger vehicles is available at the following locations:
- Events Complex Park-n-Ride: 1125 Rooftop Way (20 spaces)
- Town Hall/Library Parking Lot: 335 E. Elkhorn Avenue (10 spaces)
- Estes Park Visitor Center: 500 Big Thompson Avenue (4 spaces)
New in 2019: A driver's lounge is available at the Visitor Center for all commercially-operated tour bus drivers. Please call the Estes Park Visitor Center at 970-577-9900 for more information about lounge hours and amenities.
The Parking & Transit Division, in partnership with Estes Park Power & Communications, is proud to provide several Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations around downtown Estes Park. Charging station locations, instructions and use instructions can be found at www.estes.org/electricvehicles.
Estes Transit provides free daily shuttle service from late June to early September each year. Additional shuttle service is provided for special events. Visit the Estes Transit webpage for more information about routes and service times.
Overnight parking is allowed in designated locations by permit only. All other overnight parking is prohibited.
Two permits are offered by the Town, including:
- Downtown Residential Parking Permit Program: Designed to provide an off-street parking option for downtown residents who do not have access to private off-street parking.
- Overnight Parking Permit Program: Short-term overnight parking is available in designated locations and by permit only.
Time-limited parking (30-minute to 3-hour restrictions where posted) is enforced between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. in the following lots and on-street locations:
- Town Hall / Library lot - please note that while this is technically one parking lot, time limits are only posted and enforced in the south side of the lot nearest the Library.
- East Riverside lot
- Riverside lot
- West Riverside lot
- Post Office lot
- Moraine on-street
- Virginia lot
- Brownfields lot
- On-street parking around Bond Park
- Visitor Center
Parking restrictions will be enforced from May 25 through September 27, 2019.
The fines for parking citations will remain at the current rates for the 2019 enforcement season. The Town is now offering the ability for online payment of parking citations, and will continue to offer a discount to encourage timely payment of citations. If a citation is paid within seven days of issuance, the citation fine will be reduced from $25 to $15. The reduction does not apply to citations issued for violations pertaining to spaces reserved for persons with disabilities.
There are three ways to pay a parking citation:
- Deposit fine amount in the envelope that accompanied the citation. Affix postage and mail to: Town of Estes Park, Parking & Transit Division, PO Box 1200, Estes Park, CO 80517.
- Pay online
- Pay over the phone by calling 970-333-8058.
Questions about parking citations can be directed to 970-333-8058.
General questions or comments can be directed to Parking & Transit Manager, Vanessa Solesbee at 970-577-3957.