The Division of Building Safety conducts inspections on all permitted work for compliance with building codes and approved plans. Inspections include structural, life safety, accessibility, plumbing, mechanical, gas, and energy.
To keep projects moving forward and as a service to customers, the division also provides inspections for other agencies, when requested, such as the sanitation districts and the state electrical board.
- Please follow the link to our online Inspection Request Form. Note that this is for Construction Inspections only.
- Please follow the link to our online Vacation Home Life Safety Inspection form.
For questions please contact the Building Division at 970-577-3726.
- All work being inspected is ready for inspection
- The job site is accessible and exposed for inspection purposes (e.g. ladder for roofing inspections, unlocked doors)
- The complete permit package is on site and legible
- Notify the Division of Building Safety two(2) weeks in advance of an anticipated final inspection date. This ensures all involved departments have time to review the site and minimizes possible delays.