The Division of Building Safety conducts inspections on all permitted work for compliance with building codes and approved plans. Inspections include structural, life safety, accessibility, plumbing, mechanical, gas, and energy.
To keep projects moving forward and as a service to customers, the division also provides inspections for other agencies, when requested, such as the sanitation districts and the state electrical board.
Please call 970-577-3731 by 4:00 p.m. on the business day prior to the inspection and provide the following information:
- Job Address
- Permit Number
- Contractor Name
- Contractor’s Phone Number
- Contractor’s Town Business License Number
- Type on inspection requested
- Other pertinent information
- Time preference - A.M. or P.M. , and whether or not you want to be present during the inspection. We try to accommodate these requests, and will call you once we are on the way to the job site.
- All work being inspected is ready for inspection
- The job site is accessible and exposed for inspection purposes (e.g. ladder for roofing inspections, unlocked doors)
- The complete permit package is on site and legible
- Notify the Division of Building Safety two(2) weeks in advance of an anticipated final inspection date. This ensures all involved departments have time to review the site and minimizes possible delays.