Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
The Parking & Transit Division, in partnership with Estes Park Light and Power, is proud to provide several Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations around Estes Park.
The charging stations are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Use of the Town’s public EV charging stations is guided by the Electric Vehicle Charging Station Usage Policy (Public Works Policy 840).
- The Town’s public charging stations are located on the east side of the Town's parking structure at 691 N Saint Vrain Ave/U.S. 36 and on the north side of the Municipal Parking Lot (Town Hall and Library), 335 E. Elkhorn Ave.
- View a map of the Town’s public parking and EV charging station locations.
- The charging units are provided by ChargePoint and use a Level 2 (24-volt) power source.
- Electric Vehicle parking spaces are subject to the posted time limits. If an EV is parked at a charging station beyond the posted time limit, the vehicle will be subject to a parking citation of $25. The citation will be assessed directly via the user’s ChargePoint account. The purpose of this citation is to manage the Town’s limited EV charging stations.
- A free mobile application is needed to activate the station. EV drivers who wish to use the charging stations must first install the ChargePoint application and register for a free account with ChargePoint.
- The ChargePoint app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices, and can be found by searching for “ChargePoint” wherever you access your apps.
- Sign up for a free ChargePoint account by visiting www.chargepoint.com or by calling 1-888-758-4389. Opt-in to ChargePoint’s notification feature, which will send you a text or email when your vehicle is fully charged.