Building Contractor Licenses verify qualifications of contractors performing work within the Town limits. There is no fee for a contractor license issued by the Division of Building Safety. However, a Town Business License is required prior to the issuance of the contractor license.
Who Needs a Contractor License?
General contractors working within the Town limits needs contractor licenses with the Town of Estes Park. A homeowner, tenant or subcontractor may not be required to have a contractor license. Contractors that are licensed through the State of Colorado are not required to have a contractor license through the Town (engineers, architects, SPLS, electricians, plumbers).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does a Commercial Property Owner Need a Contractor License?
- Does a Contractor Need a Contractor License?
- Does a Homeowner Need a Contractor License?
- Does a Tenant Need a Contractor License?
- If you have further questions, contact the Division of Building Safety at 970-577-3726.
Types of Contractor Licenses
The Town of Estes Park issues several types of contractor licenses:
- General Contractor - Class B
- General Contractor - Class C
- Plumbing-Mechanical-Gas - Class B
- Plumbing-Mechanical-Gas - Class C
The Town of Estes Park does not issue General Contractor - Class A Licenses because there are no structures permitted within Town limits that are greater than three stories. Since the Building Safety Division has no means to evaluate work done on such structures, they do not issue General Contractor - Class A licenses. However, Reciprocal Class A Licenses are accepted from other jurisdictions.