Construction Plan Review and Permitting
To ensure buildings are safe requires the active participation of property owners, tenants, construction industry experts, and building safety and fire prevention officials.
Process to get a permit:
- Ensure that they are within Town limits.
- Check with Planning for setbacks, zoning and if variences are neccessary.
- Know if doing residential or commercial structure and the hoops they need to jump through for the type of consuction such as coordinating with Residential (Water, Electric, Public Works, Sanitation) / Commercial (same + Fire, Health).
- Depending on project, may need to consult with a design professional. Engineering is required for wind analysis.
- Fill out the approprate forms, provide plans if needed.
- May need to get sign off from outside agencies.