Community Development - About Us
170 MacGregor Avenue
Room 210 (Planning) & Room 230 (Building)
PO Box 1200
Estes Park, CO 80517
Our core values are:
- Exceptional customer service
- Treating others as we would like to be treated
- Innovation and Creativity
- Problem Solving
- Customer Bill of Rights
Customer Bill of Rights
We Believe Our Customers Have the Right to...
- Be greeted with a smile;
- Be treated with courtesy and respect;
- Timely service when seeking service in person and by phone;
- Receive service from knowledgeable, competent, and cooperative staff;
- Complete, accurate, reliable information and feedback;
- Consistent and fair application of codes and rules;
- Formally appeal staff decisions;
- Communicate their appreciation or their dissatisfaction about staff, Department policies, procedures, or requirements;
- Expect our staff to explore alternatives and find creative solutions.
In order to facilitate this Bill of Rights and provide our customers the highest level of service, we expect that our customers will...
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect;
- Represent their projects accurately and honestly;
- Submit accurate, complete, and code-compliance plans at the beginning of the approval process;
- Inform staff of plan changes or project modifications in a timely manner;
- Obtain appropriate permits before they begin projects;
- Build their projects safely according to approved plans and in compliance with codes and rules;
- Ask questions when they do not understand code requirements or staff communications.