Business Licensing

A business license is required for each business, occupation, or profession within the Town of Estes Park which consists of selling goods, wares, merchandise or services; the performing or rendering of service for charge; the leasing, renting or furnishing of accommodation units; and the carrying on or engaging in any non-residential business.  Each business conducted at a separate location, regardless of ownership, shall obtain and maintain a separate business license.

To apply for a new business license, choose the appropriate application from the list below. 
Please note
  • Application must have all requested fields completed. Any incomplete applications will be immediately returned to the applicant for completion.
  • Those applying as a sole proprietor must submit a completed Affidavit of Lawful Presence accompanied by a copy of a Colorado Driver's License, or another acceptable form of identification with the application.


Vacation Home Registration Status: To view current registration numbers being processed click here.  The information provided is an estimate of vacation home registrations. All numbers are subject to change daily. Data will be updated every Wednesday by 5pm.

**The CAP for residential-zoned vacation homes was reached on May 4, 2018. At present there are 30 residential-zoned vacation home registrations on the wait-list for processing. Please note there is not a limit on the number of commercial-zoned vacation home registrations.**




Local Marketing Tax District Information:

Lodging owners or their management companies, who lease or rent rooms and accommodations for less than 30 days, must collect and remit the local marketing district tax. Local marketing tax applies to hotels, motels, condominiums and camping spaces, and in some areas houses, guest ranches and mobile homes. Please visit the Colorado Department of Revenue website for more information.

For further information, reference the Estes Park Municipal Code or the Estes Valley Development Code.