Town of Brookside, Colorado
The Town of Brookside is a statutory town of 238 people located on the south side of Cañon City, with whom we share a zip code. We are a small, quiet community located on Highway 115 in Fremont County.
The Town consists primarily of residential homes with a few businesses in town. The Town is open to new business ventures locating in the Town. Properties along Highway 115 are zoned for multi-purpose use. We also are home to the Fremont County Head Start Program. Some of the properties in Brookside receive water from the DeWeese-Dye Ditch and Reservoir Company.
- We celebrated the Town’s Centennial Year of incorporation in 2013.
- The Town is pursuing funding for much needed road improvements and water system updates.
- The Town acquired the St. Anthony's property from the Catholic Diocese in the spring of 2013.
- The Christmas Tour of Lights Fundraiser for grant match to improve St. Anthony's.
- We are seeking funding for St. Anthony's improvements. The plans include an office for the Water Operator, storage for the Town's supplies, and a Community Event Center / Wedding Chapel. Someday, we also plan to add a shed for the Town's road equipment.
- The Brookside Community Center held its Grand Opening in 2010.
- The Town completed the professional landscaping of the Community Center in 2013.
- The Sons of Italy created two wonderful bocce ball courts on the Community Center grounds.
- We are working on completing the Italian Bread Oven on the Community Center grounds.
- SpringCreek Park held its Grand Opening in 2010. It is a native park with over one mile of walking trails.
- The Bluffs Trail (which runs east-to-west from the south end of Brookside Ave. to the Spring Creek crossing at the south end of SpringCreek Park) was improved with the help of the Colorado Youth Corps.
- The Town created this new website.
All the documents on this website are in PDF format, you will need a free PDF Reader. Please download one at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.