Building Code - Inspections Required
Inspection requests: It shall be the duty of the person doing the work authorized by a permit to notify the Building Official that such work is ready for inspection. Building inspections will be performed on Mondays-Thursday and must be called in or emailed to: email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. the day before. Monday inspections are to be scheduled by 4:00 p.m. Thursday.
Telephone requests for inspections: 970-485-5193 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Layout & Footings. Forms & steel in place. All materials, except concrete, on site. Survey for Improvement Location Certificate (ILC) must be completed at this time.
- Foundation Walls. Forms & steel in place. All materials, except concrete, on site. Foundation ILC must be received by Building Official prior to this inspection.
- Foundation Damp-proofing.
- Foundation Insulation
- Foundation Drain, properly bedded and prior to cover up
- Underground Plumbing. Prior to cover. Properly bedded, on test.
- Underground Electric
- Concrete Slab Prep. Forms, steel & expansion material in place. All materials, except concrete, on site.
- Rough Plumbing. Plumbing installed, on test.
- Rough Mechanical. Chimneys, vents, piping & ducts installed. Gas line & heat pipe on test.
- Rough Electric. All wiring pulled & splices made.
- Framing. After plumbing, mechanical & electric rough inspections are approved. If Required ridgeline ILC must be received by Building Official prior to this inspection
- Insulation. Insulation certificate must be received by Building Official prior to this inspection
- Roof Underlayment. After ice & water shield is in place.
- Fireplace Chase. 5/8" X sheet rock installed & taped, if required.
- Gypsum Board Nail/Screw. After sheet rock is in place, prior to taping.
- Final Plumbing. After all fixtures & appliances are installed and operable.
- Final Mechanical. After all combustion air, equipment & appliances are installed and operable. Flammable Gas Alarm/Shutoff systems are required for propane systems over 60,000 BTU/Hr.
- Final Electrical. After all equipment & appliances are installed and operable.
- Final Building Inspection. After the structure has been completed in accordance with all permits, including paint, finish, parking, landscaping & cleanup. Approval of Summit County Health Department (septic system) or Upper Blue Sanitation District (sewer system) is required. Certain subdivisions require approval of Homeowner’s Association. Blower door test results or sign-off by certified third party inspector for air sealing must be received by Building Official prior to this inspection.