Goose Pasture Tarn
Sec. 11-3-10. Defined.
(a) Goose Pasture Tarn, hereinafter referred to as "the Tarn," located within the Town, is a private lake owned by the Town and available for use only to property owners of the Town. Use of the Tarn shall be limited to such uses and subject to such restrictions as further set forth below.
(b) The Blue River Town Park (Theobald Park), hereinafter referred to as "the Park," located within the Town, is a park owned by the Town. Use of the Park shall be limited to such uses and subject to such restrictions as further set forth below.
(Prior code 4-3-1; Ord. 11-08 §§1, 2, 2011)
All state laws and rules and regulations of the Colorado Department of Fish, Game and Parks shall apply to fishing, boating and sailing on the Tarn, and the same are hereby adopted into this Chapter by reference as they are presently enacted and hereafter amended. For these purposes, a violation of any such state law shall be deemed a violation of this Chapter and subject to enforcement by any person authorized to enforce this Chapter. Any conflict between this Chapter and any state law or regulation shall be resolved in favor of that provision or law which is more restrictive of the conduct to be controlled.
(Prior code 4-3-2)
(a) Use by property owners. Use of the Tarn shall be limited to property owners with proper identification, except for duly authorized guests or tenants as further outlined below. Parents and/or children and their respective spouses and/or grandchildren of property owners residing full time on the property shall enjoy the same Tarn recreational rights as owners, excluding guest privileges.
(b) Use by guests:
(1) Guests of owners may use the Tarn only when accompanied by the owner.
(2) Owners shall be held responsible for all actions of their guests and for any violations of this Chapter as if such violation had actually been committed by the owner himself or herself.
(c) Use by tenants.
(1) Tenants of owners shall generally have no privileges on the Tarn, except as otherwise provided herein.
(2) Tenant is defined as a party leasing a Town property for a period of sixty (60) consecutive days or longer. A tenant may have recreational rights on the Tarn, provided that the property owner assigns the rights at the time the lease is executed. The Town shall provide appropriate forms for registration of such assignments and will maintain a file of tenants with assigned rights for enforcement purposes.
(d) Boat use.
(1) Boats without identification decals shall not be permitted on the Tarn.
(2) To ascertain that boats used on the Tarn belong to property owners, identification decals will be issued only upon receipt of an adequate description of the boat and a statement of its size and power. The boat registration fees charged to bona fide residents of the Town for use of the Tarn are hereby set at twenty dollars ($20.00) per year.
(3) All boats shall be subject to an annual personal safety inspection and shall be approved by the Lake Patrol Officer or Town Marshal before any boat shall receive its decal or be placed upon the Tarn. A fee will be charged for said decal.
(4) Boats placed in the Tarn shall be limited in power to the use of an electric motor to be used solely for the purpose of trolling. No internal combustion engines shall be allowed in order to limit boat size, speed of crafts and environmental damage to the Tarn by such engines.
(5) Boats shall not be stored overnight at the Tarn.
(6) Personal watercraft of all kinds, including sailboards and paddle boards, are permitted on the Tarn, provided that identification decals have been affixed to them. A fee of five dollars ($5.00) per day, not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) per year, shall be charged.
(e) Issuance of boat decals. The issuance of boat decals and any other identification required by this Chapter shall be by the Lake Patrol Officer or the Town Clerk, who have been authorized and so designated by the Board of Trustees.
(Prior code 4-3-3; Ord. 07-03 §1, 2007; Ord. 11-05 §1, 2011; Ord. 13-07 §1, 2013)
(a) Spillway area. Fishing or trespassing within forty-five (45) feet of the improved concrete portion of the spillway of the Tarn is absolutely prohibited and unlawful. Violation of this Subsection shall be punishable upon conviction by a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) for each offense.
(b) Ice fishing. Ice fishing by owners, guests and tenants shall be permitted on the Tarn as provided in Subsections 11-3-30(a), (b) and (c).
(c) Snowmobiles, cross-country skiing, etc. Snowmobiles or other snow or all-terrain vehicles and cross-country skiing are strictly forbidden on the Tarn.
(d) Open fires1. Open fires are prohibited at all times and in all areas adjacent to the Tarn.
(e) Animals. Dogs and all other pets and animals shall not be required to be under control by a tether or leash but shall be under voice control in all areas on and adjacent to the Tarn.
(f) Hunting prohibited. Hunting of any kind is prohibited on the Tarn and any surrounding lands owned by the Town or the Town of Breckenridge.
(g) Water recreation. Bathing is prohibited on the Tarn.
(h) Commercial use. Any use of the Tarn for commercial purposes is prohibited.
(i) Limit on fish. The daily bag limit is three (3) fish, of which only one (1) may exceed twenty (20) inches in length. The daily possession limit is three (3) fish.
(j) Limit on hooks. Only single-bait hooks, single-hook flies and single-hook lures may be used for fishing in the Tarn.
(k) Overnight parking, between one-half (½) hour after sunset and one-half (½) hour before sunrise, is prohibited.
(l) Glass containers in the Tarn area are prohibited.
(m) Littering of the Tarn area by the depositing of paper or plastic products, wood, leftover food, clothing, fishing gear, fish, junk or trash of any kind is prohibited, and "pack-it-in and pack-it-out" is required.
(n) Boat docks. Licensing of the construction of boat docks shall be permitted by a licensing agreement which shall incorporate the Rules and Regulations for Boat Docks established by Resolution No. 13-05, adopted July 16, 2013, as from time to time amended.
(Prior code 4-3-4; Ord. 05-07 §1, 2005; Ord. 05-10 §1; Ord. 11-08 §§3, 4, 2011; Ord. 13-06 §§1, 2, 2013; Ord. 13-07 §2, 2013)