It is important to note the following
- Approval by the Planning & Zoning Commission is required for any new construction , excavation, importation of dirt, projects that change the exterior appearance or footpring of any existing structure, re-staining where the color is being changed and landscaping.
- Permits are required for any new constrution in excess of two (200) square feet in area, re-roofing, re-siding, re-staining (same color) or any remodel involving structural modifications. Building Permits are also required for remodeling, when the project value exceeds $1,000, except when specifically exempted by the Building Code.
- Any tree removal, other than dead or down trees, must be approved, unless associated with an approved Permit.
- Allow 30-45 days to process applications requiring P & Z approval. Approval of specific Subdivisions Homeowners Associations may be required and is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Applications are available below and at Town Hall.
- For owner build projects, ALL Electrical work must be conducted by a license electrical contractor.
- To schedule an inspection, please email email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. the day before. Inspections are conducted Monday-Thursday. Monday inspection request must be received by 4 p.m. Thursday. There will be NO same day inspections.
- For questions, call 970-485-5193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue River Building Department FAQ's
- Does my project require a building permit?
- Permits Required for: Staining, sheds, new construction, additions, remodeling, garages, electrical, plumbing, tree removal, some landscaping, fences, excavation, roofing, and siding. When in doubt, call Town Hall to verify before starting work.
- How can I request an inspection?
- Call 970-485-5193 by 4:00 p.m. the day before or email us at email@example.com.
- Where can I find a Building Permit Application?
- On the Building Permit tab.
- Do I need a business license to do work in Blue River?
- Yes. Anyone doing business in the Town of Blue River is required to have a business license. Please check out our Licensing/Taxes page.
- What Building Code(s) does Blue River abide by?
- Internation Residential 2012 Code. Check additional information under our Town Code page, chapter 18.
- How do I obtain a permit?
- You may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Town Hall at 0110 Whispering Pines Circle, Blue River.
- More questions about building in Blue River? Call 970-485-5193 or email:email@example.com.