It is important to note the following
As of August 2019, the Town of Blue River has adopted the 2018 IRC. All construction ploans moving forward will need to conform to the 2018 IRC.
- Approval by the Planning & Zoning Commission is required for any new construction , excavation, importation of dirt, projects that change the exterior appearance or footpring of any existing structure, re-staining where the color is being changed and landscaping.
- Permits are required for any new constrution in excess of two (200) square feet in area, re-roofing, re-siding, re-staining (same color) or any remodel involving structural modifications. Building Permits are also required for remodeling, when the project value exceeds $1,000, except when specifically exempted by the Building Code.
- Any tree removal, other than dead or down trees, must be approved, unless associated with an approved Permit.
- Allow 30-45 days to process applications requiring P & Z approval. Approval of specific Subdivisions Homeowners Associations may be required and is the responsibility of the applicant.
- For owner build projects, ALL Electrical work must be conducted by a license electrical contractor.
- To schedule an inspection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. the day before. Inspections are conducted Monday-Thursday. Monday inspection request must be received by 4 p.m. Thursday. There will be NO same day inspections.
- For questions, email: email@example.com.