Town of Bennett Awards Nine Applicants Bennett Gives Back Grant
The Town of Bennett presented nine community organizations with the Bennett Gives Back Grant on June 11, 2019.
The 2019 Bennett Gives Back Grant was awarded to the Dry Creek 4-H, the Bennett Park and Recreation District, Court Appointed Special Advocates of Adams County, Bennett High School Athletics Department, Bennett Cub Scout Pack 30, Bennett Boy Scout Troop 30, Reflective Resource Center Growth and the Tri-Valley VFW Post #8449.
The Town of Bennett Board of Trustees and Bennett Gives Back Advisory Board approved grant funding for the following projects.
- Dry Creek 4-H, seasonal programming; $3,000 total grant funding
- Bennett Park and Recreation District, town sponsored pool days and low income memberships and children free day passes, $10,000 total grant funding
- CASA of Adams County, volunteer advocate program; $3,000 total grant funding
- Bennett High School Athletics Department, interactive scoring table; $4,164.80 total grant funding
- Bennett Cub Scout Pack 30, upgraded pinewood derby track; $1,810.61 total grant funding
- Bennett Boy Scout Troop 30, trailer upgrades; $1,530 total grant funding
- Reflective Resource Center Growth, for center growth; $4,000 total grant funding
- Tri-Valley VFW Post #8449, HVAC Upgrade and replacement; $10,000 total grant funding
The Bennett Gives Back Grant may provide a grant up to 90% of the costs of a qualifying event, project, program or activity. The purpose of this program is for eligible organizations and special districts to obtain additional resources to help supplement services or resources provided to the residents of Bennett.
Awarded funds were distributed on board discretion and project limits. The 2019 grant cycle total funding allocation was $40,000.