The Town of Akron provides WATER, SEWER, & TRASH SERVICES to the residents & businesses within limits of Akron.
TO RECEIVE UTILITY SERVICE from the Town of Akron:
Each customer must fill out an application for utility service, provide proper identification, & pay a utility deposit. Utility deposits are applied to the final utility bill, once the customer no longer has utility service with the Town of Akron. If a customer moves from house to house in Akron, the utility deposit will transfer with the customer.
- Utility bills are mailed by a third party by the 30th of each month.
- Bills are due on the 15th of the following month, or the first business day if the 15th falls on a holiday or weekend.
- If the utility bill is not paid by the 25th of each month, you will be assessed a penalty of $10.00.
- If the utility bill is not paid in the month due a shut-off notice is mailed to the customer. If it is not addressed by the 2nd of the following month, the utility service may be disconnected and subject to additional reconnection penalty costs.
- Please call the Town Hall if you need to discontinue your utility service with the Town of Akron.
SETTING UP SERVICES:
To setup services please come to the Akron Town Hall with proper identification & to complete a utility service form. A $150.00 deposit is required & will be held for the duration of the account until services are terminated or transferred.
- Payments may be made online ("PAY MY BILL" link above), by phone, or at the Town Hall. We accept cash, checks, & credit/debit cards.
- Payment may be placed in the secure night dropbox at the Town Hall after Hours. If paying with cash, please secure in an envelope with your name & account number.
- When payments are made online with a debit/credit card a 3.5% transaction fee is figured from the price of the transaction & added to the total withdrawal from the customer.
STANDARD RESIDENTIAL RATES ARE LISTED BELOW:
~ Water $17.50 for 1st 1,000 gallons, adding $2.00 per 1,000 gallons thereafter
~ Sewer $29.00
~ Trash Service $21.55
STARTING BILL TOTAL $68.05 (additional water usage will vary)