The Town of Akron provides WATER, SEWER, & TRASH SERVICES to the residents & businesses within city limits of Akron.
TO RECEIVE UTILITY SERVICE from the Town of Akron:
Each customer must fill out an application for utility service, provide proper identification, & pay a utility deposit. Utility deposits are applied to the final utility bill, once the customer no longer has utility service with the Town of Akron. If a customer moved from house to house in Akron, the utility deposit will transfer with the customer.
- Utility bills are mailed on the last working day of each month.
- Bills are due on the 15th of the following month.
- If the utility bill is not paid by the 25th of each month, you will be assessed a penalty of $10.00.
- If the utility bill is not paid by the 2nd of the following month, the utility service may be disconnected on the 26th of the month & another fee will be added to reconnect your service.
- Please call the Town Hall if you need to discontinue your utility service with the Town of Akron.
SETTING UP SERVICES:
To setup services please come to the Akron Town Hall with proper identification & to complete a utility service form. A $150.00 deposit is required & will be held for the duration of the account until services are terminated or transferred.
- Payments may be made online ("PAY MY BILL" link above), by phone, or at the Town Hall. We accept cash, checks, & credit/debit cards.
- Payment may be placed in the secure night dropbox at the Town Hall after Hours. If paying with cash please secure in an envelope with your name & account number.
- When payments are made online with a debit/credit card a 3.5% transaction fee is figured from the price of the transaction & added to the total withdrawal from the customer.
STANDARD RESIDENTIAL RATES ARE LISTED BELOW:
~ Water $17.50 for 1st 1,000 gallons, adding $2.00 per 1,000 gallons thereafter
~ Sewer $29.00
~ Trash Service $21.55
STARTING BILL TOTAL $68.05 (additional water usage will vary)