The Building Inspector is responsible for building permit review and inspections. The Town of Akron has adopted the 2009 International Codes, as amended. Please call Town Hall at (970) 345-2624 to confirm permit requirements before starting any work. All plumbing and electrical permits are handled by the State of Colorado. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) must be obtained before any building can be occupied.
Building Permit | Akron Building Permit Application Form
- Any structure built, placed, or added on to within town limits, i.e. buildings, carports, fences and etc. will first require completion of a building permit. This also applies to replacing fences and sidewalks.
- Please submit a completed application to Town Hall prior to building.
- Building fees and use taxes are calculated based on construction cost and due at the same time of submission of application.
- Applicants will be notified once their permit is reviewed and approved.
- If any questions please contact Town Hall at (970) 345-2624.
- The placement or modification of any mobile home is only allowed in specific locations within Akron.
- A building permit must be attained prior to any placement or modification.