Withholding/ Payroll Tax | Account

If you are required to withhold Colorado income tax on behalf of your employees or on behalf of individuals to whom you make income payments, you must apply with the Department of Revenue as a “withholding tax agent.” Sometimes taxpayers refer to this as a business registration, but it is an application for a Colorado wage withholding tax account. Upon receipt of your application, the department will open a withholding tax account. There is no fee for the account. There is no renewal requirement for a withholding tax account.