Visit a Taxpayer Service Center
Safer at Home
We are proud to serve the great people of Colorado as efficiently and safely as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to keep you and our staff safe. In keeping with the Governor’s “Safer at Home” initiative, we encourage Coloradans to utilize our online services first. Please only schedule appointments when absolutely necessary. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, public restrooms are not available at the reopened Taxpayer Service Centers.
To assist with social distancing best practices, a drop box has been placed outside of the State Capitol Annex and each of the Taxpayer Service Centers (Denver Metro, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Pueblo and Grand Junction). You can submit your returns, e-filer attachments, and payments (check or money order only) in that drop box. If you have any questions about the drop box, please call Taxpayer Services at (303) 238-7378 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Make an Appointment
Taxpayer Service Centers are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time, Monday through Friday (except on state holidays). To better ensure social distancing, appointments are required when you visit a service center. In order to receive assistance with a tax matter, you will need to make an appointment prior to visiting a Taxpayer Service Center.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, appointments are only available at the Denver Metro Taxpayer Service Center and at the Grand Junction Taxpayer Service Center.
- Denver Metro Taxpayer Service Center
- Grand Junction Taxpayer Service Center
Before you arrive to your appointment, be sure to carefully review the Plan Your Visit information below. If you need an ADA Accommodation for your visit, click here for more information. Please note that in person appointments are not available for the Excise & Fuel Tax Section at this time. Please visit the COVID-19 Updates web page for more information.
In accordance with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s (CDPHE) “Safer At Home” guidance:
- Masks are required for service center visitors and staff members.
- All visitors will be given a quick healthcare screening upon entering the building that consists of a questionnaire and a “no touch” thermometer reading.
- Six foot distancing will be maintained while inside the building via floor markings.
- All work stations will have glass or plastic partitions between the visitor and staff member.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to visitors and staff.
- The amount of visitors allowed in the building will be limited.
- Public restrooms are not available at the service center.
Additional things for visitors to remember for their appointments:
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed into the building. Please make other arrangements for children and/or dependent people in your care. All other people you bring with you to your appointment will be required to remain outside of the building. If you need an ADA Accommodation for your visit, click here for more information.
- Please fill out all paperwork and applications prior to entering the building.
- Please remember to wear a mask and maintain 6 ft of distance from other people while inside the building.
- If you have any symptoms or feel unwell please cancel your appointment. Please, do not come inside the service center.
Service Center Location Addresses
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Fort Collins, CO 80525