Sending a Secure Message in Revenue Online
The Taxation Division’s mission is to promote voluntary compliance with all tax laws through information, education, assistance and customer service. Secure messaging is just one of many ways you may contact the Taxation Division for assistance, and it allows for safe and secure sharing of your information. It is not a chat or instant messaging function. We aim to answer all contacts as quickly as possible and secure messages are answered by a trained tax examiner in the order in which they are received.
1. Create a Login ID and Password for Revenue Online at Colorado.gov/RevenueOnline.
2. After logging in with your Login ID and Password, click “Send us a message” under “I Want To.”
3. In the “Message Type” field, select the proper message type for your situation from the drop down menu.
4. In the “Account” field, select the tax account your message is about.
5. In the “Filing Period” field, indicate which filing period that relates to this message.
6. In the “Subject” field, enter a title/reason for your message.
7. In the “Message” field, enter a detailed description of the reason for your message. When complete, click “Submit.”