Sales and Use Tax Rates Lookup
Select from the options below to research Colorado sales and use tax rates and to accurately determine tax rates. Also watch our How to Find Information on Colorado Sales & Use Tax Rates video. For more information on sales and use tax rates, visit the Sales Tax Rate Changes page.
Sales Tax Rates in Revenue Online
Two services are available in Revenue Online. Find both under Additional Services, View Sales Rates and Taxes.
- View Local Sales Tax Rates – This service provides tax rates for all Colorado cities and counties. OR
- View Business Location Rates – Licensed retailers can find rate and jurisdiction code information for their registered location(s) using this service.
Location Tax Rates and Filing Codes
For those who file sales taxes. This downloadable spreadsheet combines the information in the DR 1002 sales and use tax rates document and information in the DR 0800 local jurisdiction codes for sales tax filing in one lookup tool. The spreadsheet includes local option exemptions for state-collected jurisdictions. A new spreadsheet will be provided here twice a year to show January through June and July through December rate changes. The web page will note the effective date of each spreadsheet and you should use the one that applies to the period for which you are filing. Under Colorado statutes, each spreadsheet will be available for three years.
Tax Rates Effective:
January to June 2019 -- Updated January 8, 2019
January to June 2018 -- Updated February 2, 2018
July to December 2017 -- Updated August 31, 2017
January to June 2017 -- Updated January 5, 2017
Documents and Forms
The following forms are provided for reference. When you use Revenue Online to file taxes, the online form includes all the tax rates for each of your business locations. If you have more than one location, you must file each location separately in the Revenue Online service. You may e-file for multiple locations using approved XML software or request to file by spreadsheet, both of which are uploaded in Revenue Online. See the Sales Tax | File page for more information.
- DR 1002 – This document lists the sales and use tax rates for all Colorado cities, counties, and special districts. It also contains contact information for all self-collected jurisdictions. If your business is located in a self-collected jurisdiction, you must apply for a sales tax account with that city.
- DR 0800 – This document provides the jurisdiction codes by county to ensure proper registration of locations for accurate filing and distribution of state-collected sales tax to local and special district tax jurisdictions.
- DR 0100 – This is the Colorado sales tax return. Use this document if you are unable to file electronically through Revenue Online.
Certified Address Database Providers
The Department of Revenue makes available links to electronic address database providers. These provider services have been certified by the Department as accurate. Taxpayers who use these certified databases will not be liable for sales and use tax otherwise owed to the State of Colorado and state-collected municipalities, counties and special districts if the database incorrectly designates the location of a sale, storage, use or consumption of taxable tangible personal property or services. This is the “hold harmless” provision in Colorado statute. Visit the Local Sales/Use Tax by Address Page for more information on the "hold harmless" databases.
- Information for Local Governments
- Information for Local Governments Considering a New Tax or Rate Change