Report Tax Evasion & Fraud

Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR)

If you would like to report suspected tax fraud, please send us an online request through our Report Possible Tax Refund Fraud form or fill out a Citizen Informant Report and submit it to the address on the form.

Federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

To report suspected tax fraud to the IRS, complete the IRS Form 3949A and submit it to the address listed on the form. If you have questions, you may call the IRS Helpline at (800) 829-1040.

Missing W-2

You still must file your tax return with the IRS and the State of Colorado even if you do not receive your Form W-2. If you have not received your Form W-2 by February 15, you may use Form 4852 for the IRS and Form DR 0084 for the State of Colorado, and submit the forms with your returns.