Jump to navigation
Request can be made through your Revenue Online account by submitting a web message to the Department. You can also request additional decals by faxing the request to 303-205-8215, mailing the request to the Colorado Department of Revenue, Room 200 P.O. Box 17087 Denver, CO 80217, calling the Fuel Tax Unit at 303-205-8205, or by making the request in person at a service center. A copy of the cab card registration for the vehicle(s) is required.
- Your vehicle must have a valid Colorado registration - either International Registration Plan (IRP) or a county registration. A temporary registration from a dealership is not eligible. If you are not registered with IRP, please include a copy of your Colorado vehicle registration(s) with your IFTA application.
- The name and Federal Tax ID Number on the IFTA application must match the registrant information for the registered vehicle.
- You can not be out of compliance with the IFTA program for another state or Canadian Province.
- You can not owe the Department IFTA taxes or returns.
- If you have a lease agreement which states another entity is responsible for reporting and paying IFTA taxes, you and the responsible entity must complete the IFTA Lease Agreement Certificate, form DR 7511 and provide a copy of the Lessor vehicle registration. IFTA credentials can only be issued to the responsible party (Lessee).
If you meet the above requirements, you may apply for IFTA credentials by completing the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Application, form DR 7119 and submitting it to:
Colorado Department of Revenue
Fuel Tax Unit, Room 200
P.O. Box 17087 Denver, Colorado 80217-0087
By Email: DOR_FuelTax@state.co.us
(Applications by mail or email with no compliance issues will be processed within 5 business days)
In person: 1375 Sherman St., in downtown Denver (this is the primary walk-in location) or through one of the Department’s service centers. During IRP registration a carrier may also apply for new IFTA credentials at the DMV office located at 1881 Pierce St in Lakewood, click here to see the registration process at the Lakewood location.