Income Tax | Credits
Reminder: Save time and file online! You may use the Department's free e-file service Revenue Online to file your state income tax. You do not need to login to Revenue Online to File a Return. After you file, you have the option of setting up a Login ID and Password to view your income tax account in Revenue Online. Or, you may opt to e-file through a paid tax professional or purchase tax software to complete and file returns.
If filing by paper, visit the Credits & Subtractions Forms page to download the forms and/or schedules needed to file for the credits below.
- Advanced Industry Tax Credit
- See the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) webpage for information on how to qualify.
- Aircraft Manufacturer New Employee
- Child Care Contribution Credit
- Any taxpayer who makes a qualifying contribution can claim the Child Care Contribution Credit. Resident and nonresident individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships and corporations can all claim the credit for qualifying contributions they make. Check these lists for Accepted Licensed Child Care Centers and Accepted Unlicensed Child Care Centers sorted by city or by name. Grandfathered Unlicensed Facilities or Programs are found at the end of the lists by city or by name. See publication FYI Income 35 for more details.
- Child Care Expenses Credit
- Colorado Job Growth Incentive Credit
- Colorado Works Program
- Earned Income Credit
- Gross Conservation Easement Credit
- Historic Property Preservation
Preservation of Historic Structures
The Preservation of Historic Structures Credit (§39-22-514.5, C.R.S.) must be claimed on the DR 0104CR, as well. However, unlike the Historic Property Preservation Credit detailed above, this newer credit (§39-22-514.5, C.R.S.) is not dependent upon the growth in general fund revenues and will continue to be available after 2019.
The Preservation of Historic Structures credit is jointly administered by the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade and History Colorado. For more information about this credit, visit the History Colorado website.
- Innovative Motor Vehicle Credit
- Investment Tax Credit
- See FYI Income 11 (Under review)
- For information on economic development tax credits and incentive programs, visit the Office of Economic Development & International Trade (OEDIT) website.
- Licensed Child Care Centers, Employers and Family Care Homes: Investment Credits
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Low-Income Housing
- Plastic Recycling Investment
- Rural and Frontier Health Care Preceptor Tax Credit
- Rural Jump Start Zone
- See Rural Jump-Start Zone Credit Schedule (DR 0113)
- For more information on the Rural Jump-Start Program, visit the Office of Economic Development & International Trade (OEDIT) website.
- School-to-Career Investment
- Tax Paid to Another State
Instructions for Individual Income Tax Returns
Complete the DR 0104CR to claim various nonrefundable credits. Transfer the amount from the total line at the end of DR 0104CR to the line on the DR0104 for Nonrefundable Credits from the DR104CR. The nonrefundable credits used from the DR 0104CR combined with the total Nonrefundable Enterprise Zone Credit used cannot exceed the subtotal of your tax, prepayments and credits. To ensure faster processing of your paper return, the amount entered on Nonrefundable Credits from the DR104CR line on the DR0104 form must exactly match the total amount on the DR 0104CR. You must submit the DR 0104CR with the 104 form.