International Fuel Tax Agreement | Reporting

Trip Permit Reporting

Miles traveled in a jurisdiction for which a fuel tax trip permit has been purchased, should be deducted from the Total Miles traveled in that jurisdiction.

Documentation Required to File an IFTA Report

Depending on how you or your company tracks miles, the necessary documents included:
  • fuel receipts and/or fuel card invoices
  • mileage log books, and
  • any other documentation required to provide accurate data on your return