Consumer Use Tax | How to File Online
You may use the Colorado Department of Revenue’s free e-file and account service Revenue Online to file your consumer use tax. You do not need to login to Revenue Online to File a Return. While you can file the return online, the Consumer Use Tax Account cannot be viewed in Revenue Online.
In Revenue Online, click on "File a Return" under the Quick Links menu. Then, select "Consumer Use Tax" from the list of options. The tax rates for the taxpayer’s residence or business location are built into this service. The easy-to-use system calculates the amount of tax owed based on the purchase total and will help taxpayers avoid calculation errors.
Online Filing and Payment Instructions
- Under Quick Links, click on File a Return.
- Click on Consumer Use Tax.
- Read the information on the page. Then click Next.
- Follow the steps and file your return.
- Once you have submitted your return, click the Make a Payment button.
- Select the payment type, and follow the steps to make your payment.
Consumer Use Tax Services in Revenue Online