Business Income Tax | Installment Agreements
Our agents will set your monthly payment amount in consideration of the total amount of tax debt owed. If you do not receive a payment form, remit your payment on Revenue Online and call the Compliance Unit. Penalties and interest continue to accrue until your balance is paid in full. If you are in danger of defaulting on your installment agreement for any reason, contact Compliance immediately.
Understand your agreement and avoid default:
- Sign and return a copy of the installment agreement;
- Your future refunds will be applied to your tax debt until it is paid in full;
- Pay at least your minimum monthly payment when it is due (we recommend remitting 2 days in advance if using Revenue Online or 10 days in advance if remitting by mail);
- Remit your payment with the voucher that is mailed to you each month;
- File all required tax returns and pay all taxes in full and on time or contact us to change your existing agreement if you cannot pay the balance in full;
- Make all scheduled payments on time even if we apply your refund to your account balance; and
- If you move, ensure that your mailing address is updated with the Department of Revenue.
If you have general questions about business installment plans, please email DOR_Compliance@state.co.us. However, installment plans CANNOT be initiated via email.