Business Income Tax | Estimated Payments

Estimated Payment Due Dates

Estimated tax payments are due in four equal installments on
  • April 15 (first calendar quarter)
  • June 15 (second calendar quarter)
  • September 15 (third calendar quarter)
  • January 15 (fourth calendar quarter)
The payments will be due for fiscal year filers on the 15th day of the fourth, sixth, ninth and twelfth month of the tax year. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or state holiday, payment is due on the next business day. 
For information on how to make a payment, visit the Business Income Tax Payment web page. 

Types of Returns

Estimated tax payments must be submitted in the same manner, whether separate, consolidated or combined, and using the same account number that the corporation expects to use when filing the Colorado corporation income tax return. For more information, please see publication FYI Income 51.

Partnerships & S Corporations

Estimated tax is the method used to pay tax on income that is not subject to withholding. Individuals who are not residents of Colorado (non-residents) must pay tax on any Colorado-source income. This is intended for nonresident individuals who are included in a partnership or S Corporation composite filing. In most cases, you will pay estimated tax if an individual partner expects to owe more than $1,000 in net tax for the year, after subtracting any withholding or refundable credits they might have. This rule must be calculated for each individual included in the composite return, and not as the composite as a whole.

Use the Partnerships and S Corporation Estimated Payment Form (DR 0106EP) to submit your business' estimated payments. You may also use Revenue Online to submit your partnership or S corporation estimated payments. 

C Corporations

In most cases, a C corporation is required to pay estimated tax if it can reasonably expect the net tax liability will exceed $5,000 for the year. For taxpayers with a short taxable year, please see FYI Income 51 for more information. C corporations use the C Corporation Estimated Payment Form (DR 0112EP). You may also use Revenue Online or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to submit your estimated payments.