Sales Tax License Renewals
Sales Tax License Renewals are Due
All Colorado sales tax licenses will expire on December 31, 2017. A sales tax license is used for the collection and filing of Colorado and local sales taxes.
- Renewed licenses will be valid for a two-year period that begins January 1, 2018. Each physical location must have its own license and pay a $16 renewal fee. If you recently applied for and received your sales tax license, you still must renew for the new two-year period.
- Before renewing, verify your open locations through Revenue Online:
- Access “Business Location Rates” in Revenue Online under “View Sales Rates and Taxes.”
- Enter your sales tax Colorado Account Number (CAN) to view all of your open locations/sites.
- Close any locations/sites that are no longer open. To close a site in a jurisdiction where you no longer sell, rent or lease, send an email requesting a site closure to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- account number and site (XXXXXXXX-XXXX)
- final date business was transacted within that jurisdiction
- the name and contact information of the person requesting the closure
- Sales Tax License Renewals may be completed through Revenue Online beginning November 2017. Make sure you log into to your account. You must login to renew the license. Simply making a payment will not renew the license. If you have not created a Login ID, create one before you need to renew. Log into your Revenue Online account:
- Click on “License Renewal” under the Accounts heading.
- Select “12/31/19” and follow the prompts to renew your license(s).
- You can pay for each license ($16) through e-check or credit card. Using Revenue Online will also provide you with an email confirmation and a list of sites you renewed. There is no need to send the paper renewal application if you renew through Revenue Online.
- You may also renew through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Paying your license renewal by EFT fulfills the requirement of filing a license renewal application. Visit the EFT webpage to renew.
- You may also renew using the paper form DR 0594. Remember to send in your payment and include your CAN and the words “sales tax renewal” on the check or money order.