Permits and Other Surface Uses

Dirt surface road with Colorado mountains in the background Permits are issued for use of state trust lands that are for short periods of time and have little or no impact  to  the land.  Types of permits issued by the State Land Board include exploration, road access, and temporary access.  “Other Surface Use” leases are for activities that fall outside of specific lease categories such as Agriculture, Mining, Oil & Gas, Recreation, or Renewable Energy.  For questions or assistance, please refer to the Contact Us Page for the district office responsible for the area.

Projects and Information


Forms and Instructions