Oil & Gas

Oil and gas operation located in Colorado The State Land Board issues oil and gas leases through quarterly competitive live online auctions serviced by Energynet.  Auction tracts are identified by State Land Board Staff and industry nominations.  All tract nominations are subject to approval by the Board. Leases may contain restrictions or requirements  designed to protect natural values while allowing for development of the oil and gas resource.  Related leasing activities include surface use agreements, disposal wells, gas storage, CO2, mineral non-development agreements and no surface occupancy agreements.  For questions or assistance, please contact Catie Stitt – Oil and Gas Specialist at 303-866-3454 ext. 3326 (catie.stitt@state.co.us).

Projects and Information

Click here to view Oil & Gas Auction and Results 


Oil and Gas FAQs

Oil and Gas Tract Nomination FAQs

Forms and Instructions