Springfield, CO – Town residents may burn within the Town limits beginning Monday, April 8, 2019.
People living within the Springfield Town limits may burn leaves, grass, weeds or other plant materials beginning Monday, April 8, 2019.
The Town has a Spring Burn permit to allow the Town residents to burn from Monday, April 8 until May 31, 2019.
Burning is strictly limited to the days from April 8 until May 31, 2019. Burns are to be done during daytime from sunrise to sunset.
Fires must be extinguished prior to sunset. Other reminders for burning in the Town limits are:
- Residents must call the Baca County Sheriff’s Office to let them know you will be burning;
- Burning is to be done only in a manner so as not to present a fire hazard;
- Fires are to be attended at all times and kept under control;
- Burning is for the clearing of leaves, grass, weeds or other plant materials; and
- Burning is to take place only during the daytime and fires and embers must be extinguished prior to sunset.
The Town of Springfield’s Spring Burn permit expires sunset on Friday, May 31, 2019. Please be cautious and courteous
of your neighbors and community while burning. No burning is permitted by anyone on Red Flag Warning days. Any questions,
feel free to call the Springfield Town Clerks’ office at 719.523.4528. Take care and caution when attending to the burning of your plant materials.