IF YOU PLAN TO SELF REPRESENT, please refer to the following in order to be better prepared to represent yourself in your appeal:
1) Read the Consolidated Appeal/Dispute Form Instructions and complete the Consolidated Appeal/Dispute Form. Be familiar with required forms. Visit the Forms page.
2) Review the Board Rules, especially Chapter 8 "Dispute Resolution" and rules or director's procedures that apply to your appeal.
3) Study the following document: Representing Yourself at the State Personnel Board and the summary of the appeal process in Representing Yourself at Hearing.
4) Ask Board staff procedural questions by calling 303-866-3300. Staff CANNOT provide legal advice.
5) Review prior cases which may be similar to yours in the section titled Annotations.
For information on free legal service or how to find an attorney, you can refer to the Colorado Bar Association at http://www.cobar.org/For-the-Public/What-to-do-if-you-need-a-Lawyer. The Colorado Plaintiff Employment Lawyer's Association (PELA) has additional legal resources at http://exchange.nela.org/pela/findlawyer . You may also obtain assistance and information through Colorado WINS http://coloradowins.org/my-membership/legal-representation/
THE STATE PERSONNEL BOARD IS LOCATED AT 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, Colorado 80203.