SMART - Employment
Operations Manager/Senior Planner
Applications due July 9th, 2019 by 5 p.m. MST
SMART – the San Miguel Authority for Regional Transportation is hiring a full-time Operations Manager/Senior Planner. Top applicants will have proven skills in the following areas:
- Transit Operations, Planning, Contract and Grant Management: the successful applicant will have a minimum of five years of experience in public transit or related industry with a successful track record in transit operations and planning, as well as contract and grant management. Relevant experience from other fields will be considered.
- Reporting/Performance Measurement: experience with performance monitoring and management will be extremely helpful as SMART develops its Performance Measurement program and related reporting.
- Special Projects: qualified applicants will be flexible in work assignments and have a certain amount of innate curiosity and can expect to be involved in all manner of projects – including development of a smart phone app for SMART users as well as a future bike share program.
- Communication skills: a friendly communicator that has the ability to interact with a wide range of people including the general public, local government staff, elected officials, co-workers, and SMART Board members.
- Organizational Ability: Multi-tasking and ability to keep yourself organized. The successful applicant will have the ability to manage multiple projects, oversee multiple contracts and grants, as well as day-to-day transit operations.
- Written Skills: Good writing skills are required. The successful applicant will have the ability to adequately write emails, internal reports/memos, and policy and grant proposals and be able to assist the Executive Director with proofreading important documents.
- Time Management: Successful applicant must be able to effectively manage their time in the office, identify priority tasks and initiatives, respond in a timely manner to questions from the public, SMART Board members or other stakeholders and maintain a healthy work/life balance.
This is a salaried position with full benefits including retirement, health/vision/dental insurance, and annual ski pass to Telluride Resort. Pay range is $55,000 to $75,000 annually depending on qualifications. Operating out of Telluride in the stunning San Juan Mountains of Colorado, SMART offers a relaxed workplace, flexible schedule, and perhaps most importantly a unique opportunity to become a key team player tasked with helping to shape a young organization with a very bright future.
If you are interested in this opportunity please download the application below, complete it and email it with a cover letter and resume detailing your applicable experience to David Averill.
In a nutshell, You…
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the transit industry, with experience in planning, operations, grant and contract management.
- Have a passion for customer service and for providing a superior experience for every person you interact with on SMART’s behalf
- Are even-keeled while being driven by a sense of urgency
- Have excellent communication skills and are able to respond to constituents, Board members, and local government staff by email or phone (double check that cover letter!)
- Are comfortable working behind the scenes or taking the lead role for SMART in certain initiatives
- Revel in being a self-starter and proactively seek out opportunities to learn and improve both yourself and the processes around you
- Are up for a meaningful challenge and desire to have a big influence in a small organization with a very bright future
We at SMART …
- Highly value education and commitment
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over experience
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title
- Has a passion for delivering a superior experience to our constituents, customers, vendors & one another
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We live in Telluride after all.
- Will back up our talk with competitive compensation, interesting projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and the rare team atmosphere that also values individuality