Current Open Positions
Title: Operations Assistant / Inside Sales Representative
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Summary of Position: The Colorado Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA) provides e-Government solutions to more than 425 state and local governments across Colorado. SIPA is seeking a conscientious, detail-oriented Operations Assistant/Inside Sales Representative who will support the activities of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Sales and Marketing team.
The Operations Assistant/Inside Sales Representative will be a crucial member of SIPA’s team with a variety of diverse responsibilities including: preparing quotes for customers for new services and renewals, keeping accounts and opportunities updated in Salesforce, generating reports, helping to onboard new customers, answering customer questions about products and services, scheduling meetings, supporting events including SIPA’s annual User Conference, supporting SIPA’s annual micro-grant program, reviewing and updating SIPA’s policies and procedures, maintaining and expanding SIPA’s Operations Manual, reviewing SIPA’s Vendor partner performance on specific projects, monitoring contracts, conducting surveys and customer feedback focus groups.
Due to the breadth of activity, the successful candidate will be eager to learn and willing to take on any challenges that come his/her way, and able to apply existing skills and aptitudes in unfamiliar areas. We expect adaptability, hard work, and general analytic ability that can be applied to new challenges. This is a great position for an ambitious individual who enjoys a small company-feel, who is adept at building relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the COO and Sales & Marketing Team with keeping Salesforce up to date
- Learn how to use SIPA’s Salesforce platform and related applications.
- Create and update Accounts, Quotes, Opportunities, Contacts, Products, and Contracts in Salesforce.
- Prepare quotes for new service offerings.
- Prepare renewal quotes.
- Fix duplicates and follow internal procedures for using Salesforce.
- Make recommendations to improve processes and workflows.
- Track project and contract status to support COO, Bookkeeper, and Sales & Marketing team.
- Generate reports as needed.
Assist the Sales & Marketing team with on-boarding new clients
- Monitor and process inquiries, requests for service and project paperwork on a continual basis.
- Conduct phone conversations to answer questions, respond to concerns, and facilitate strong working relationships with new and existing customers.
- Process and electronically file paperwork in Salesforce.
- Monitor project status and customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure customer records are always up-to-date in Salesforce.
Assist the Sales & Marketing team with outreach efforts with new and existing customers
- Answer customer questions and resolve customer issues.
- Take direction from other staff members on outreach efforts.
- Attend meetings with partners and new and existing customers to provide information, as needed.
- Consistently log and record every outreach made, in Salesforce, producing activity reports as requested.
Assist with organizing internal and external events such as meetings and strategy sessions
- Support the Executive Director and other staff with scheduling, travel plans and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with all aspects of SIPA’s annual micro-grant program.
- Assist with all aspects of SIPA’s annual User Conference.
- Assist with other in-person and online events that SIPA sponsors.
- Assist with the preparation of meeting materials for onsite and external events.
- Setup and teardown meeting rooms and facilities as needed.
Submit a self-improvement/training plan once a year for improving SIPA outreach.
Report any potential fraud, waste, and abuse to appropriate SIPA staff immediately.
Other duties as assigned.
Exemplify the SIPA Culture
● Internalize the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of the organization.
● Understand the policies and procedures of the organization.
● Be respectful of all SIPA staff, Board members, customers, colleagues, and strategic partners.
● Maintain working hours consistent with normal business hours Monday through Friday.
● Maintain working relationships with everyone necessary to advance SIPA’s mission and objectives.
● Demonstrate a high level of ethical standards at all times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time professional position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Additionally, this position may at times require hours beyond the operational hours stated above.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Ability to comprehend SIPA’s product line and to communicate our value proposition to customers
● Highly organized, analytic, and attentive to detail without losing sight of the big picture
● Must be adaptable, professional, courteous and motivated, and must work well individually or as a member of a team
● Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
● Positive attitude, creative, conscientious and reliable team member.
● Must be comfortable learning to use and manage new software.
● Experience with Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs is preferred.
● Experience with Salesforce.com CRM is preferred.
This position is based out of Denver, CO and requires up to 5 percent travel throughout Colorado, primarily throughout the Denver metropolitan region.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, PERA Retirement, PERA 401(k), Paid Time Off.
How to Apply:
Complete our online application at http://www.tfaforms.com/374489
You will need to submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process. Felony convictions, conviction of crimes of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.