Nominations Now Being Accepted for Governor's Service Awards
Serve Colorado, the Governor’s Commission on Community Service, is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Governor’s Service Awards which are presented in recognition and appreciation to individuals, community/civic leaders, various organizations, and AmeriCorps members for their outstanding contribution to volunteerism and service throughout the State of Colorado.
Nominations will be accepted through Friday, July 22, 2016, at 5 p.m. The awards will be presented at a special awards ceremony on Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016.
Nominations must be submitted online. The nomination form can be found on the Serve Colorado website. For more information on the Governor’s Service Awards or Serve Colorado, please contact Serve Colorado at 303-866-2119 or Nellie.Stagg@state.co.us.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Outstanding Volunteer: Given in recognition to an individual who provides outstanding direct service to their community.
- Outstanding Veteran Volunteer: Presented to a veteran from any branch of military service who has demonstrated outstanding volunteerism, community service, and civic engagement.
- Outstanding Community Leader: Given in recognition of an individual who provides outstanding leadership, organization, and inspiration to volunteerism in their community.
- Outstanding Nonprofit Organization: Given to a nonprofit organization that has made an outstanding impact on Colorado communities.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps State/National Member: Given to a current AmeriCorps State/National member, or a member who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of AmeriCorps.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps VISTA Member: Given to a current AmeriCorps VISTA member, or a VISTA, who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of AmeriCorps.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) Member: Given to a current AmeriCorps NCCC member, or an NCCC member who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of AmeriCorps.
- Outstanding Senior Corps Volunteer: Given to a current Senior Corps volunteer, or a volunteer who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of Senior Corps.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps Alumni: Recognizes the exceptional impact of a Colorado AmeriCorps Alumni whose commitment to service, beyond their term of AmeriCorps service, continues to bring about positive community change.
- Outstanding Returning Peace Corps Volunteer: Recognizes a returned Peace Corps volunteer for their ongoing work and exceptional contributions of service to their community.