Serve Colorado Accepting Nominations for 2019 Governor’s Service Awards
DENVER — Tuesday, July 2, 2019 — Serve Colorado is now accepting nominations for the 2019 Governor’s Service Awards. Nominations will be accepted now through Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 11:59 pm MT.
These annual awards are presented in recognition and appreciation to individuals and community and civic leaders for their outstanding contributions to volunteer service throughout Colorado. The awards will be presented at a special awards ceremony, tentatively scheduled for Friday, August 30, 2019 in Denver.
Serve Colorado promotes community service throughout the state to build a culture of citizenship, service, and individual responsibility. Colorado Governors, current and past, recognize the importance of all Coloradans in solving statewide issues and, for more than 20 years, have honored volunteers who have made a profound impact in their communities.
Nominations must be submitted online. The form can be found on the Serve Colorado website.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Outstanding Volunteer: Presented to an adult who provides outstanding volunteer service to their community, fulfilling a local need and inspiring others to serve.
- Outstanding Military or Veteran Volunteer: Presented to a current servicemember or veteran of any branch of the military who has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service to the military and veteran and/or civilian community. Current and former active-duty, reservists, and National Guardsmen are eligible for this award.
- Outstanding Teen Volunteer: Presented to a teen between the ages of 13-18 who provides outstanding volunteer service to their community, fulfilling a local need and inspiring others to serve.
- Outstanding Community Leader: Presented to an individual who provides outstanding leadership, organization, and inspiration to volunteers in their community. They understand the importance of service and developing connections between groups and individuals to forge collaborative solutions to meet local needs, as well as a dedication to their community that inspires those around them to serve.
- Outstanding Nonprofit or Volunteer Organization: Presented to a volunteer organization including service clubs, nonprofit, faith-based, veteran, disaster preparedness, etc. that has made an outstanding impact on Colorado’s communities.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps State & National Member: Presented to a current AmeriCorps State & National member, or a State & National member who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of AmeriCorps by going above and beyond the requirements of their program.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) Member: Presented to a current AmeriCorps VISTA member, or a VISTA member who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of AmeriCorps by going above and beyond the requirements of their program.
- Outstanding AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) Team: Presented to a current AmeriCorps NCCC team, or an NCCC team that has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of AmeriCorps by going above and beyond the requirements of their program while serving in Colorado.
- Outstanding Senior Corps Volunteer: Presented to a current Senior Corps volunteer, or a Senior Corps volunteer who has served within the last year, who exemplifies the spirit of Senior Corps by going above and beyond the requirements of their program. Participants of the Foster Grandparent Program, Senior Companion Program, and RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) are eligible for this award.
- Outstanding National Service Alumni: Presented to an AmeriCorps alumni or Returned Peace Corps Volunteer whose commitment to service continues to exemplify the spirit of AmeriCorps or Peace Corps beyond their term of service.